May 10, 2010, 12:45 PM EST
There’s some good news and bad news injury-wise for the Philadelphia Flyers as they attempt to cut into Boston’s 3-1 series lead tonight.
On one hand, it appears that Dan Carcillo might not be healthy enough to pester and pummel opponents in Game 5. The forward appeared to injury his knee in Game 4 against Boston. John McGourty of the NHL.com reports that Carcillo was unable to participate in the team’s morning skate Sunday and therefore guesses that he might not be available tonight.
General Manager Paul Holmgren said Carcillo, who reportedly has a knee injury, has not been ruled out and that “he’s made progress” since being injured Friday. Holmgren nodded when asked if Carcillo could play, but did not reveal the nature of the injury.
In other Flyers news, it appears that once-surprise-starter Michael Leighton might make his way back into the team’s goalie rotation. Although Leighton had been practicing with the team for about a week, Sunday marked the first time that he played as the backup instead of Johan Backlund. Leighton is attempting to recover from a high-ankle sprain suffered on March 17.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 1
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 27
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 30
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 55
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (55)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)