May 10, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
There’s some good news and bad news injury-wise for the Philadelphia Flyers as they attempt to cut into Boston’s 3-1 series lead tonight.
On one hand, it appears that Dan Carcillo might not be healthy enough to pester and pummel opponents in Game 5. The forward appeared to injury his knee in Game 4 against Boston. John McGourty of the NHL.com reports that Carcillo was unable to participate in the team’s morning skate Sunday and therefore guesses that he might not be available tonight.
General Manager Paul Holmgren said Carcillo, who reportedly has a knee injury, has not been ruled out and that “he’s made progress” since being injured Friday. Holmgren nodded when asked if Carcillo could play, but did not reveal the nature of the injury.
In other Flyers news, it appears that once-surprise-starter Michael Leighton might make his way back into the team’s goalie rotation. Although Leighton had been practicing with the team for about a week, Sunday marked the first time that he played as the backup instead of Johan Backlund. Leighton is attempting to recover from a high-ankle sprain suffered on March 17.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)