May 10, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
There’s some good news and bad news injury-wise for the Philadelphia Flyers as they attempt to cut into Boston’s 3-1 series lead tonight.
On one hand, it appears that Dan Carcillo might not be healthy enough to pester and pummel opponents in Game 5. The forward appeared to injury his knee in Game 4 against Boston. John McGourty of the NHL.com reports that Carcillo was unable to participate in the team’s morning skate Sunday and therefore guesses that he might not be available tonight.
General Manager Paul Holmgren said Carcillo, who reportedly has a knee injury, has not been ruled out and that “he’s made progress” since being injured Friday. Holmgren nodded when asked if Carcillo could play, but did not reveal the nature of the injury.
In other Flyers news, it appears that once-surprise-starter Michael Leighton might make his way back into the team’s goalie rotation. Although Leighton had been practicing with the team for about a week, Sunday marked the first time that he played as the backup instead of Johan Backlund. Leighton is attempting to recover from a high-ankle sprain suffered on March 17.
- BREAKING: Kessel traded to the Penguins 26
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 4
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 5
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 12
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 26
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)