May 10, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
There’s some good news and bad news injury-wise for the Philadelphia Flyers as they attempt to cut into Boston’s 3-1 series lead tonight.
On one hand, it appears that Dan Carcillo might not be healthy enough to pester and pummel opponents in Game 5. The forward appeared to injury his knee in Game 4 against Boston. John McGourty of the NHL.com reports that Carcillo was unable to participate in the team’s morning skate Sunday and therefore guesses that he might not be available tonight.
General Manager Paul Holmgren said Carcillo, who reportedly has a knee injury, has not been ruled out and that “he’s made progress” since being injured Friday. Holmgren nodded when asked if Carcillo could play, but did not reveal the nature of the injury.
In other Flyers news, it appears that once-surprise-starter Michael Leighton might make his way back into the team’s goalie rotation. Although Leighton had been practicing with the team for about a week, Sunday marked the first time that he played as the backup instead of Johan Backlund. Leighton is attempting to recover from a high-ankle sprain suffered on March 17.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)