May 10, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
There’s some good news and bad news injury-wise for the Philadelphia Flyers as they attempt to cut into Boston’s 3-1 series lead tonight.
On one hand, it appears that Dan Carcillo might not be healthy enough to pester and pummel opponents in Game 5. The forward appeared to injury his knee in Game 4 against Boston. John McGourty of the NHL.com reports that Carcillo was unable to participate in the team’s morning skate Sunday and therefore guesses that he might not be available tonight.
General Manager Paul Holmgren said Carcillo, who reportedly has a knee injury, has not been ruled out and that “he’s made progress” since being injured Friday. Holmgren nodded when asked if Carcillo could play, but did not reveal the nature of the injury.
In other Flyers news, it appears that once-surprise-starter Michael Leighton might make his way back into the team’s goalie rotation. Although Leighton had been practicing with the team for about a week, Sunday marked the first time that he played as the backup instead of Johan Backlund. Leighton is attempting to recover from a high-ankle sprain suffered on March 17.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 20
- Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 26
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)