May 10, 2010, 11:02 PM EST
The preliminary news on Brian Boucher is not good, as we learn that he sprained both knees when he was rolled over by his own defenseman, and that according to Paul Holmgren he’s going to miss significant time. Per CSN:
Paul Holmgren said Brian Boucher hurt both knees
and will be out for several weeks
Boucher will have to wait for the swelling to go down in his knees before they learn the full extent of his injuries, as they’ll likely perform a MRI tomorrow.
Luckily for the Flyers, Michael Leighton returned just in time from his ankle injury and is certainly capable of filling in for Boucher. He played in his first NHL playoff game today as he replaced Boucher on the ice, and will make his first start on Wednesday in Philadelphia.
While the Flyers certainly responded after Boucher’s injury, you’d have to think their chances of pulling off the comeback would be in serious doubt with Johan Backlund in net.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)