May 10, 2010, 11:02 PM EDT
The preliminary news on Brian Boucher is not good, as we learn that he sprained both knees when he was rolled over by his own defenseman, and that according to Paul Holmgren he’s going to miss significant time. Per CSN:
Paul Holmgren said Brian Boucher hurt both knees
and will be out for several weeks
Boucher will have to wait for the swelling to go down in his knees before they learn the full extent of his injuries, as they’ll likely perform a MRI tomorrow.
Luckily for the Flyers, Michael Leighton returned just in time from his ankle injury and is certainly capable of filling in for Boucher. He played in his first NHL playoff game today as he replaced Boucher on the ice, and will make his first start on Wednesday in Philadelphia.
While the Flyers certainly responded after Boucher’s injury, you’d have to think their chances of pulling off the comeback would be in serious doubt with Johan Backlund in net.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63