May 10, 2010, 11:02 PM EST
The preliminary news on Brian Boucher is not good, as we learn that he sprained both knees when he was rolled over by his own defenseman, and that according to Paul Holmgren he’s going to miss significant time. Per CSN:
Paul Holmgren said Brian Boucher hurt both knees
and will be out for several weeks
Boucher will have to wait for the swelling to go down in his knees before they learn the full extent of his injuries, as they’ll likely perform a MRI tomorrow.
Luckily for the Flyers, Michael Leighton returned just in time from his ankle injury and is certainly capable of filling in for Boucher. He played in his first NHL playoff game today as he replaced Boucher on the ice, and will make his first start on Wednesday in Philadelphia.
While the Flyers certainly responded after Boucher’s injury, you’d have to think their chances of pulling off the comeback would be in serious doubt with Johan Backlund in net.
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 13
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 15
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)