May 10, 2010, 11:02 PM EDT
The preliminary news on Brian Boucher is not good, as we learn that he sprained both knees when he was rolled over by his own defenseman, and that according to Paul Holmgren he’s going to miss significant time. Per CSN:
Paul Holmgren said Brian Boucher hurt both knees
and will be out for several weeks
Boucher will have to wait for the swelling to go down in his knees before they learn the full extent of his injuries, as they’ll likely perform a MRI tomorrow.
Luckily for the Flyers, Michael Leighton returned just in time from his ankle injury and is certainly capable of filling in for Boucher. He played in his first NHL playoff game today as he replaced Boucher on the ice, and will make his first start on Wednesday in Philadelphia.
While the Flyers certainly responded after Boucher’s injury, you’d have to think their chances of pulling off the comeback would be in serious doubt with Johan Backlund in net.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)