May 10, 2010, 11:02 PM EDT
The preliminary news on Brian Boucher is not good, as we learn that he sprained both knees when he was rolled over by his own defenseman, and that according to Paul Holmgren he’s going to miss significant time. Per CSN:
Paul Holmgren said Brian Boucher hurt both knees
and will be out for several weeks
Boucher will have to wait for the swelling to go down in his knees before they learn the full extent of his injuries, as they’ll likely perform a MRI tomorrow.
Luckily for the Flyers, Michael Leighton returned just in time from his ankle injury and is certainly capable of filling in for Boucher. He played in his first NHL playoff game today as he replaced Boucher on the ice, and will make his first start on Wednesday in Philadelphia.
While the Flyers certainly responded after Boucher’s injury, you’d have to think their chances of pulling off the comeback would be in serious doubt with Johan Backlund in net.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)