May 10, 2010, 8:15 PM EDT
With the Flyers leading the Bruins 1-0 in the second period, goaltender Brian Boucher was at the bottom of a pile up in his crease when Ryan Parent appeared to fall on his left leg. He was down in pain as it looked like his leg was twisted/crushed under Parent, and he was forced to leave the ice.
Michael Leighton, who is the backup tonight for the first time since injuring his ankle in the regular season, is now in net. The Flyers are hoping to fight off elimination once more and while Leighton was certainly the team’s choice to lead them into the playoffs a few months back, this is his first action on the ice in well over a month.
We’ll have an update on Boucher’s condition as soon as we can.
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 0
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 4
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 46
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (51)