May 10, 2010, 8:15 PM EST
With the Flyers leading the Bruins 1-0 in the second period, goaltender Brian Boucher was at the bottom of a pile up in his crease when Ryan Parent appeared to fall on his left leg. He was down in pain as it looked like his leg was twisted/crushed under Parent, and he was forced to leave the ice.
Michael Leighton, who is the backup tonight for the first time since injuring his ankle in the regular season, is now in net. The Flyers are hoping to fight off elimination once more and while Leighton was certainly the team’s choice to lead them into the playoffs a few months back, this is his first action on the ice in well over a month.
We’ll have an update on Boucher’s condition as soon as we can.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)