May 10, 2010, 8:15 PM EDT
With the Flyers leading the Bruins 1-0 in the second period, goaltender Brian Boucher was at the bottom of a pile up in his crease when Ryan Parent appeared to fall on his left leg. He was down in pain as it looked like his leg was twisted/crushed under Parent, and he was forced to leave the ice.
Michael Leighton, who is the backup tonight for the first time since injuring his ankle in the regular season, is now in net. The Flyers are hoping to fight off elimination once more and while Leighton was certainly the team’s choice to lead them into the playoffs a few months back, this is his first action on the ice in well over a month.
We’ll have an update on Boucher’s condition as soon as we can.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)