May 10, 2010, 8:15 PM EST
With the Flyers leading the Bruins 1-0 in the second period, goaltender Brian Boucher was at the bottom of a pile up in his crease when Ryan Parent appeared to fall on his left leg. He was down in pain as it looked like his leg was twisted/crushed under Parent, and he was forced to leave the ice.
Michael Leighton, who is the backup tonight for the first time since injuring his ankle in the regular season, is now in net. The Flyers are hoping to fight off elimination once more and while Leighton was certainly the team’s choice to lead them into the playoffs a few months back, this is his first action on the ice in well over a month.
We’ll have an update on Boucher’s condition as soon as we can.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)