May 10, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
When people think about his career, they cannot help but look back to that iconic photo (a variation of it is featured to the right) taken a split second after Orr scored a goal in the Stanley Cup Finals. That moment was immortalized (again) in the form of a striking statue that will reside outside the TD Banknorth Garden.
First, here’s a video that shows off the detail of the statue. (Stanley Cup of Chowder has a great interview with the statue’s sculptor, Harry Weber.)
Here’s video of Orr’s speech during the statue’s unveiling.
Since we’re here, why not share some video of Orr discussing the modern Bruins (next video) and the team’s rough-and-tumble rivalry with the Broadstreet Bullies back in his playing days? (last video).
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)