May 10, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
When people think about his career, they cannot help but look back to that iconic photo (a variation of it is featured to the right) taken a split second after Orr scored a goal in the Stanley Cup Finals. That moment was immortalized (again) in the form of a striking statue that will reside outside the TD Banknorth Garden.
First, here’s a video that shows off the detail of the statue. (Stanley Cup of Chowder has a great interview with the statue’s sculptor, Harry Weber.)
Here’s video of Orr’s speech during the statue’s unveiling.
Since we’re here, why not share some video of Orr discussing the modern Bruins (next video) and the team’s rough-and-tumble rivalry with the Broadstreet Bullies back in his playing days? (last video).
- In praise of John Tavares 2
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 9
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31