May 10, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
When people think about his career, they cannot help but look back to that iconic photo (a variation of it is featured to the right) taken a split second after Orr scored a goal in the Stanley Cup Finals. That moment was immortalized (again) in the form of a striking statue that will reside outside the TD Banknorth Garden.
First, here’s a video that shows off the detail of the statue. (Stanley Cup of Chowder has a great interview with the statue’s sculptor, Harry Weber.)
Here’s video of Orr’s speech during the statue’s unveiling.
Since we’re here, why not share some video of Orr discussing the modern Bruins (next video) and the team’s rough-and-tumble rivalry with the Broadstreet Bullies back in his playing days? (last video).
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 17
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 32
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)