May 10, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
When people think about his career, they cannot help but look back to that iconic photo (a variation of it is featured to the right) taken a split second after Orr scored a goal in the Stanley Cup Finals. That moment was immortalized (again) in the form of a striking statue that will reside outside the TD Banknorth Garden.
First, here’s a video that shows off the detail of the statue. (Stanley Cup of Chowder has a great interview with the statue’s sculptor, Harry Weber.)
Here’s video of Orr’s speech during the statue’s unveiling.
Since we’re here, why not share some video of Orr discussing the modern Bruins (next video) and the team’s rough-and-tumble rivalry with the Broadstreet Bullies back in his playing days? (last video).
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 27
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)