May 10, 2010, 5:15 PM EST
When people think about his career, they cannot help but look back to that iconic photo (a variation of it is featured to the right) taken a split second after Orr scored a goal in the Stanley Cup Finals. That moment was immortalized (again) in the form of a striking statue that will reside outside the TD Banknorth Garden.
First, here’s a video that shows off the detail of the statue. (Stanley Cup of Chowder has a great interview with the statue’s sculptor, Harry Weber.)
Here’s video of Orr’s speech during the statue’s unveiling.
Since we’re here, why not share some video of Orr discussing the modern Bruins (next video) and the team’s rough-and-tumble rivalry with the Broadstreet Bullies back in his playing days? (last video).
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)