May 10, 2010, 6:15 PM EST
Both of the Eastern Conference semifinals series could end tonight, possibly at almost the same exact time. Let’s take a look at Habs-Pens Game 6 and Flyers-Bruins Game 5.
Pittsburgh Penguins at Montreal Canadiens - 7:00 PM ET (Versus, CBC, FS Pittsburgh)
Penguins lead series 3-2
There are worries that young Habs fans will riot whether they win or lose this game. Let’s hope that the only reason writers use the word “riotous” is if they decide to use a hyperbolic phrase to describe an especially exciting period of play. Jaroslav Halak has been great for almost every game of the playoffs, but he was almost unbeatable in elimination games against the Washington Capitals. Meanwhile, Sidney Crosby has been awfully quiet while Hal Gill is hobbled. It should be an interesting game, especially since the Penguins have frequently won series on the road.
Philadelphia Flyers at Boston Bruns – 7:00 PM ET (TSN, CSN Philadelphia, NESN)
Bruins lead series 3-1
If you have any doubts about the Bruins being relevant in Boston again, check this out from Kukla’s Korner.
The Bruins averaged a 8.3 local rating on VERSUS, the Red Sox a 6.3 local rating on NESN and the Celtics a 4.1 local rating on ESPN.
The Flyers and Bruins are both pretty banged up so each team should have motivation to take this one. Boston badly needs to heal up from their variety of injuries while the Flyers are fighting for their playoff lives. This series has been surprisingly entertaining, considering the Bruins often play such a conservative style. Can they finish off the pesky Flyers?
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)