May 9, 2010, 6:40 PM EST
It’s amusing to see what happens when other sports collide with hockey and with last night’s Ultimate Fighting Championship being in Montreal, it’s only fitting that some hockey-related nonsense shook loose. Enter UFC fighter Josh Koscheck into the mix after winning his match over Paul Daley and being serenaded with boos from the fans and you’ve got yourself the setting for the creation of a pro wrestling-like heel for which the Pittsburgh Penguins faithful are more than happy to help celebrate.
“Hey, don’t worry. Pittsburgh Penguins are going to kick your ***. Yeah baby!”
Feel free to fill in the three-letter word for one’s posterior in those asterisks. Considering how excitable Montreal fans are in the first place, perhaps antagonizing them after infuriating them with some questionable fighting tactics ranks out as one of the dumber things a person could do. Then again, if Montreal is able to do to the Penguins what they did to the Capitals, that’s one trade off the denizens of Montreal would happily accept.
Maybe this can set up a future street fight of Josh Koscheck against Georges Laraque with an undercard of Sidney Crosby and Mike Cammalleri for ruler of the playoffs. What do you say UFC commissioner Dana White and Gary Bettman? Let’s make it happen.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5