May 9, 2010, 11:17 PM EST
There are several reports floating around, and it’s been mentioned on TSN, that Sami Salo may have suffered from a ruptured testicle when he was hit with a puck late in the first period.
I’ll wait for you to get back up off the floor before continuing….
Seeing how Salo reacted to the shot, the way he writhed around on the ice afterward, it certainly seemed like he took a puck to the sensitive bits. I mentioned it on Twitter, but refrained from further speculation out of superstition and respect. I hoped it was a wrist injury.
Then seeing Salo carted off to the hospital on a stretcher, with him sitting up but a blanket draped over his lower half…..it seems all of our fears were realized.
We hope Salo nothing but the best and a speedy and full recovery. Obviously, we’ll update with further news as we can.
Here’s the video of the play:
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)