May 9, 2010, 11:17 PM EST
There are several reports floating around, and it’s been mentioned on TSN, that Sami Salo may have suffered from a ruptured testicle when he was hit with a puck late in the first period.
I’ll wait for you to get back up off the floor before continuing….
Seeing how Salo reacted to the shot, the way he writhed around on the ice afterward, it certainly seemed like he took a puck to the sensitive bits. I mentioned it on Twitter, but refrained from further speculation out of superstition and respect. I hoped it was a wrist injury.
Then seeing Salo carted off to the hospital on a stretcher, with him sitting up but a blanket draped over his lower half…..it seems all of our fears were realized.
We hope Salo nothing but the best and a speedy and full recovery. Obviously, we’ll update with further news as we can.
Here’s the video of the play:
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 0
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 7
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)