May 9, 2010, 11:17 PM EST
There are several reports floating around, and it’s been mentioned on TSN, that Sami Salo may have suffered from a ruptured testicle when he was hit with a puck late in the first period.
I’ll wait for you to get back up off the floor before continuing….
Seeing how Salo reacted to the shot, the way he writhed around on the ice afterward, it certainly seemed like he took a puck to the sensitive bits. I mentioned it on Twitter, but refrained from further speculation out of superstition and respect. I hoped it was a wrist injury.
Then seeing Salo carted off to the hospital on a stretcher, with him sitting up but a blanket draped over his lower half…..it seems all of our fears were realized.
We hope Salo nothing but the best and a speedy and full recovery. Obviously, we’ll update with further news as we can.
Here’s the video of the play:
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)