May 9, 2010, 11:17 PM EDT
There are several reports floating around, and it’s been mentioned on TSN, that Sami Salo may have suffered from a ruptured testicle when he was hit with a puck late in the first period.
I’ll wait for you to get back up off the floor before continuing….
Seeing how Salo reacted to the shot, the way he writhed around on the ice afterward, it certainly seemed like he took a puck to the sensitive bits. I mentioned it on Twitter, but refrained from further speculation out of superstition and respect. I hoped it was a wrist injury.
Then seeing Salo carted off to the hospital on a stretcher, with him sitting up but a blanket draped over his lower half…..it seems all of our fears were realized.
We hope Salo nothing but the best and a speedy and full recovery. Obviously, we’ll update with further news as we can.
Here’s the video of the play:
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13