May 8, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Tonight’s Game 5 between Montreal and Pittsburgh isn’t technically a must-win. That doesn’t mean that it lacks meaning, though. Here’s a few tidbits from both markets’ newspapers and bloggers.
What Pittsburgh bloggers and newspapers are saying
Sidney Crosby apparently views this game as a must-win, according to this story from NHL.com.
Hall Gill and Josh Gorges are giving Sidney Crosby a lot of trouble. Puck Daddy shows that both Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are really struggling in general, pointing out that neither has an even strength point in the series so far.
Former Penguin Dominic Moore is doing well as a member of the Montreal Canadiens, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. One more from the Post-Gazette: could Matt Cooke go from pariah to too pricey for the Penguins?
What Montreal bloggers and newspapers are saying
Scott Gomez tells the Montreal Gazette that the Habs simply needed to get healthy. The paper also points out the fact that the last time a Canadiens team passed two rounds of play, they won the Cup in 1993.
Finally, here’s Red Fisher’s take on the series.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally with at MSG 10
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 22
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51