May 8, 2010, 5:15 PM EST
Tonight’s Game 5 between Montreal and Pittsburgh isn’t technically a must-win. That doesn’t mean that it lacks meaning, though. Here’s a few tidbits from both markets’ newspapers and bloggers.
What Pittsburgh bloggers and newspapers are saying
Sidney Crosby apparently views this game as a must-win, according to this story from NHL.com.
Hall Gill and Josh Gorges are giving Sidney Crosby a lot of trouble. Puck Daddy shows that both Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are really struggling in general, pointing out that neither has an even strength point in the series so far.
Former Penguin Dominic Moore is doing well as a member of the Montreal Canadiens, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. One more from the Post-Gazette: could Matt Cooke go from pariah to too pricey for the Penguins?
What Montreal bloggers and newspapers are saying
Scott Gomez tells the Montreal Gazette that the Habs simply needed to get healthy. The paper also points out the fact that the last time a Canadiens team passed two rounds of play, they won the Cup in 1993.
Finally, here’s Red Fisher’s take on the series.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 71
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (70)