May 8, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Tonight’s Game 5 between Montreal and Pittsburgh isn’t technically a must-win. That doesn’t mean that it lacks meaning, though. Here’s a few tidbits from both markets’ newspapers and bloggers.
What Pittsburgh bloggers and newspapers are saying
Sidney Crosby apparently views this game as a must-win, according to this story from NHL.com.
Hall Gill and Josh Gorges are giving Sidney Crosby a lot of trouble. Puck Daddy shows that both Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are really struggling in general, pointing out that neither has an even strength point in the series so far.
Former Penguin Dominic Moore is doing well as a member of the Montreal Canadiens, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. One more from the Post-Gazette: could Matt Cooke go from pariah to too pricey for the Penguins?
What Montreal bloggers and newspapers are saying
Scott Gomez tells the Montreal Gazette that the Habs simply needed to get healthy. The paper also points out the fact that the last time a Canadiens team passed two rounds of play, they won the Cup in 1993.
Finally, here’s Red Fisher’s take on the series.
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 0
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 24
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)