May 8, 2010, 5:15 PM EST
Tonight’s Game 5 between Montreal and Pittsburgh isn’t technically a must-win. That doesn’t mean that it lacks meaning, though. Here’s a few tidbits from both markets’ newspapers and bloggers.
What Pittsburgh bloggers and newspapers are saying
Sidney Crosby apparently views this game as a must-win, according to this story from NHL.com.
Hall Gill and Josh Gorges are giving Sidney Crosby a lot of trouble. Puck Daddy shows that both Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are really struggling in general, pointing out that neither has an even strength point in the series so far.
Former Penguin Dominic Moore is doing well as a member of the Montreal Canadiens, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. One more from the Post-Gazette: could Matt Cooke go from pariah to too pricey for the Penguins?
What Montreal bloggers and newspapers are saying
Scott Gomez tells the Montreal Gazette that the Habs simply needed to get healthy. The paper also points out the fact that the last time a Canadiens team passed two rounds of play, they won the Cup in 1993.
Finally, here’s Red Fisher’s take on the series.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 149
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (149)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)