May 8, 2010, 5:15 PM EST
Tonight’s Game 5 between Montreal and Pittsburgh isn’t technically a must-win. That doesn’t mean that it lacks meaning, though. Here’s a few tidbits from both markets’ newspapers and bloggers.
What Pittsburgh bloggers and newspapers are saying
Sidney Crosby apparently views this game as a must-win, according to this story from NHL.com.
Hall Gill and Josh Gorges are giving Sidney Crosby a lot of trouble. Puck Daddy shows that both Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are really struggling in general, pointing out that neither has an even strength point in the series so far.
Former Penguin Dominic Moore is doing well as a member of the Montreal Canadiens, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. One more from the Post-Gazette: could Matt Cooke go from pariah to too pricey for the Penguins?
What Montreal bloggers and newspapers are saying
Scott Gomez tells the Montreal Gazette that the Habs simply needed to get healthy. The paper also points out the fact that the last time a Canadiens team passed two rounds of play, they won the Cup in 1993.
Finally, here’s Red Fisher’s take on the series.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 94
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (94)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)