May 8, 2010, 4:00 PM EST
Here’s a bit of scattered injury news from around the NHL. I didn’t come across much for Detroit and San Jose, but you will be informed if anything particularly noteworthy surfaces.
Updates on Andrei Markov, Jaroslav Spacek
There was some scuttlebutt about Andrei Markov possibly playing in the playoffs again despite “an unspecified knee injury,” but Habs Inside/Out flags down that rumor. The same entry also touches on the other Jaroslav (Spacek) in Montreal.
First, to toss a little cold water on those expecting an imminent return of Canadiens defenceman Andrei Markov, who left Game 1 with an unspecified (knee) injury:
Habs head coach Jacques Martin says that Markov is on this trip simply because the team’s entire medical staff is here, and it’s easier for him to continue to undergo treatment here than in Montreal.
Defenceman Jaro Spacek is getting closer to a return, but he’s not there yet.
Jordan Staal building confidence, the Penguins’ possible lineup for tonight
Earlier I mentioned that Bill Guerin will most likely be in Pittsburgh’s lineup. Pensburgh’s game preview post points out that Jordan Staal grew more and more comfortable as Game 4 went along and may be able to play more minutes in tonight’s games. These two factors, plus a few probable shuffles when it comes to healthy scratches, could make for an altered Penguins lineup. Here’s the forward lines from the day’s morning skate, which could very well be who the team puts on the ice for tonight’s game (also from Pensburgh).
I’ve been impressed with Letestu from the limited amount I’ve seen him play (and not just because I enjoy calling him “Letestube Baby”). It’s a big game for both the Penguins and the Canadiens so we’ll see if Dan Bylsma’s adjustments pay off.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)