May 8, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
Here’s a bit of scattered injury news from around the NHL. I didn’t come across much for Detroit and San Jose, but you will be informed if anything particularly noteworthy surfaces.
Updates on Andrei Markov, Jaroslav Spacek
There was some scuttlebutt about Andrei Markov possibly playing in the playoffs again despite “an unspecified knee injury,” but Habs Inside/Out flags down that rumor. The same entry also touches on the other Jaroslav (Spacek) in Montreal.
First, to toss a little cold water on those expecting an imminent return of Canadiens defenceman Andrei Markov, who left Game 1 with an unspecified (knee) injury:
Habs head coach Jacques Martin says that Markov is on this trip simply because the team’s entire medical staff is here, and it’s easier for him to continue to undergo treatment here than in Montreal.
Defenceman Jaro Spacek is getting closer to a return, but he’s not there yet.
Jordan Staal building confidence, the Penguins’ possible lineup for tonight
Earlier I mentioned that Bill Guerin will most likely be in Pittsburgh’s lineup. Pensburgh’s game preview post points out that Jordan Staal grew more and more comfortable as Game 4 went along and may be able to play more minutes in tonight’s games. These two factors, plus a few probable shuffles when it comes to healthy scratches, could make for an altered Penguins lineup. Here’s the forward lines from the day’s morning skate, which could very well be who the team puts on the ice for tonight’s game (also from Pensburgh).
I’ve been impressed with Letestu from the limited amount I’ve seen him play (and not just because I enjoy calling him “Letestube Baby”). It’s a big game for both the Penguins and the Canadiens so we’ll see if Dan Bylsma’s adjustments pay off.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 4
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 10
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)