May 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
Let’s take a look at injury news from around the NHL today.
Simon Gagne a game-time decision tonight
With the Boston Bruins dropping like flies, you never know if the Philadelphia Flyers might have a chance to make a comeback. Sure, it’s unlikely, but you never know. Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that Simon Gagne might return to the lineup tonight after dealing with a broken right foot.
Mark Stuart should be back for Boston
On the bright side for the battered Bruins, defenseman Mark Stuart is expected to be back tonight. While the Boston Herald reports that he “isn’t definitely in,” it sounds like there’s a very good chance he’ll be playing in what could be a series clincher.
Bill Guerin eyes a Saturday return
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette had this about Guerin’s injury status.Coach Dan Bylsma called it a “surprise” that veteran winger Bill Guerin took part in the Penguins’ morning skate.
Guerin did no drills with a top-four line and was on the ice an extended time, so it wasn’t shocking that he missed his second game in a row.
“He looked good. Didn’t look a day over 39,” Bylsma quipped after the skate.
Guerin declined to identify his problem, but called it “hockey related.”
He said he has been “resting comfortably” and that playing Saturday in Game 5 is “my goal.”
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 3
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 93
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 31
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (92)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)