May 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at injury news from around the NHL today.
Simon Gagne a game-time decision tonight
With the Boston Bruins dropping like flies, you never know if the Philadelphia Flyers might have a chance to make a comeback. Sure, it’s unlikely, but you never know. Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that Simon Gagne might return to the lineup tonight after dealing with a broken right foot.
Mark Stuart should be back for Boston
On the bright side for the battered Bruins, defenseman Mark Stuart is expected to be back tonight. While the Boston Herald reports that he “isn’t definitely in,” it sounds like there’s a very good chance he’ll be playing in what could be a series clincher.
Bill Guerin eyes a Saturday return
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette had this about Guerin’s injury status.Coach Dan Bylsma called it a “surprise” that veteran winger Bill Guerin took part in the Penguins’ morning skate.
Guerin did no drills with a top-four line and was on the ice an extended time, so it wasn’t shocking that he missed his second game in a row.
“He looked good. Didn’t look a day over 39,” Bylsma quipped after the skate.
Guerin declined to identify his problem, but called it “hockey related.”
He said he has been “resting comfortably” and that playing Saturday in Game 5 is “my goal.”
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (81)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)