May 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
Let’s take a look at injury news from around the NHL today.
Simon Gagne a game-time decision tonight
With the Boston Bruins dropping like flies, you never know if the Philadelphia Flyers might have a chance to make a comeback. Sure, it’s unlikely, but you never know. Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that Simon Gagne might return to the lineup tonight after dealing with a broken right foot.
Mark Stuart should be back for Boston
On the bright side for the battered Bruins, defenseman Mark Stuart is expected to be back tonight. While the Boston Herald reports that he “isn’t definitely in,” it sounds like there’s a very good chance he’ll be playing in what could be a series clincher.
Bill Guerin eyes a Saturday return
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette had this about Guerin’s injury status.Coach Dan Bylsma called it a “surprise” that veteran winger Bill Guerin took part in the Penguins’ morning skate.
Guerin did no drills with a top-four line and was on the ice an extended time, so it wasn’t shocking that he missed his second game in a row.
“He looked good. Didn’t look a day over 39,” Bylsma quipped after the skate.
Guerin declined to identify his problem, but called it “hockey related.”
He said he has been “resting comfortably” and that playing Saturday in Game 5 is “my goal.”
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 2
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)