May 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
Let’s take a look at injury news from around the NHL today.
Simon Gagne a game-time decision tonight
With the Boston Bruins dropping like flies, you never know if the Philadelphia Flyers might have a chance to make a comeback. Sure, it’s unlikely, but you never know. Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that Simon Gagne might return to the lineup tonight after dealing with a broken right foot.
Mark Stuart should be back for Boston
On the bright side for the battered Bruins, defenseman Mark Stuart is expected to be back tonight. While the Boston Herald reports that he “isn’t definitely in,” it sounds like there’s a very good chance he’ll be playing in what could be a series clincher.
Bill Guerin eyes a Saturday return
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette had this about Guerin’s injury status.Coach Dan Bylsma called it a “surprise” that veteran winger Bill Guerin took part in the Penguins’ morning skate.
Guerin did no drills with a top-four line and was on the ice an extended time, so it wasn’t shocking that he missed his second game in a row.
“He looked good. Didn’t look a day over 39,” Bylsma quipped after the skate.
Guerin declined to identify his problem, but called it “hockey related.”
He said he has been “resting comfortably” and that playing Saturday in Game 5 is “my goal.”
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)