May 7, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at injury news from around the NHL today.
Simon Gagne a game-time decision tonight
With the Boston Bruins dropping like flies, you never know if the Philadelphia Flyers might have a chance to make a comeback. Sure, it’s unlikely, but you never know. Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that Simon Gagne might return to the lineup tonight after dealing with a broken right foot.
Mark Stuart should be back for Boston
On the bright side for the battered Bruins, defenseman Mark Stuart is expected to be back tonight. While the Boston Herald reports that he “isn’t definitely in,” it sounds like there’s a very good chance he’ll be playing in what could be a series clincher.
Bill Guerin eyes a Saturday return
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette had this about Guerin’s injury status.Coach Dan Bylsma called it a “surprise” that veteran winger Bill Guerin took part in the Penguins’ morning skate.
Guerin did no drills with a top-four line and was on the ice an extended time, so it wasn’t shocking that he missed his second game in a row.
“He looked good. Didn’t look a day over 39,” Bylsma quipped after the skate.
Guerin declined to identify his problem, but called it “hockey related.”
He said he has been “resting comfortably” and that playing Saturday in Game 5 is “my goal.”
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21