May 7, 2010, 8:49 PM EST
You would think that having a 3-2 lead after two periods of play would give the Philadelphia Flyers some good momentum heading towards the third period. After all, getting another goal from playoff stud Claude Giroux and a slapshot blast from Chris Pronger are signs that things are going along smoothly for a desperate team.
Alas, not is all as it appears as Michael Ryder’s fluke-like goal that came after he snapped his stick, bounced off the end boards and found a way to squirt through Brian Boucher’s legs have given the Bruins some room to maneuver in the third. With the Wachovia Center rocking after getting up 3-1, Ryder’s goal has managed to quiet things down and put Flyers fans into a manic, heart attack state hoping the team will get the two-goal cushion back.
For the Flyers, they’ll need Boucher to be great and he’s been solid so far outside of Ryder’s freaky goal stopping 18 out of 20 shots. Tuukka Rask has mixed in some solid saves after giving up more goals than he’s been used to in these playoffs stopping 16 out of 19 through two.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (144)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)