May 7, 2010, 8:49 PM EDT
You would think that having a 3-2 lead after two periods of play would give the Philadelphia Flyers some good momentum heading towards the third period. After all, getting another goal from playoff stud Claude Giroux and a slapshot blast from Chris Pronger are signs that things are going along smoothly for a desperate team.
Alas, not is all as it appears as Michael Ryder’s fluke-like goal that came after he snapped his stick, bounced off the end boards and found a way to squirt through Brian Boucher’s legs have given the Bruins some room to maneuver in the third. With the Wachovia Center rocking after getting up 3-1, Ryder’s goal has managed to quiet things down and put Flyers fans into a manic, heart attack state hoping the team will get the two-goal cushion back.
For the Flyers, they’ll need Boucher to be great and he’s been solid so far outside of Ryder’s freaky goal stopping 18 out of 20 shots. Tuukka Rask has mixed in some solid saves after giving up more goals than he’s been used to in these playoffs stopping 16 out of 19 through two.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 54
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 20
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 22
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Serena Williams sorry after rape case comments