May 7, 2010, 8:49 PM EDT
You would think that having a 3-2 lead after two periods of play would give the Philadelphia Flyers some good momentum heading towards the third period. After all, getting another goal from playoff stud Claude Giroux and a slapshot blast from Chris Pronger are signs that things are going along smoothly for a desperate team.
Alas, not is all as it appears as Michael Ryder’s fluke-like goal that came after he snapped his stick, bounced off the end boards and found a way to squirt through Brian Boucher’s legs have given the Bruins some room to maneuver in the third. With the Wachovia Center rocking after getting up 3-1, Ryder’s goal has managed to quiet things down and put Flyers fans into a manic, heart attack state hoping the team will get the two-goal cushion back.
For the Flyers, they’ll need Boucher to be great and he’s been solid so far outside of Ryder’s freaky goal stopping 18 out of 20 shots. Tuukka Rask has mixed in some solid saves after giving up more goals than he’s been used to in these playoffs stopping 16 out of 19 through two.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)