May 7, 2010, 8:49 PM EDT
You would think that having a 3-2 lead after two periods of play would give the Philadelphia Flyers some good momentum heading towards the third period. After all, getting another goal from playoff stud Claude Giroux and a slapshot blast from Chris Pronger are signs that things are going along smoothly for a desperate team.
Alas, not is all as it appears as Michael Ryder’s fluke-like goal that came after he snapped his stick, bounced off the end boards and found a way to squirt through Brian Boucher’s legs have given the Bruins some room to maneuver in the third. With the Wachovia Center rocking after getting up 3-1, Ryder’s goal has managed to quiet things down and put Flyers fans into a manic, heart attack state hoping the team will get the two-goal cushion back.
For the Flyers, they’ll need Boucher to be great and he’s been solid so far outside of Ryder’s freaky goal stopping 18 out of 20 shots. Tuukka Rask has mixed in some solid saves after giving up more goals than he’s been used to in these playoffs stopping 16 out of 19 through two.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)