May 7, 2010, 8:49 PM EDT
You would think that having a 3-2 lead after two periods of play would give the Philadelphia Flyers some good momentum heading towards the third period. After all, getting another goal from playoff stud Claude Giroux and a slapshot blast from Chris Pronger are signs that things are going along smoothly for a desperate team.
Alas, not is all as it appears as Michael Ryder’s fluke-like goal that came after he snapped his stick, bounced off the end boards and found a way to squirt through Brian Boucher’s legs have given the Bruins some room to maneuver in the third. With the Wachovia Center rocking after getting up 3-1, Ryder’s goal has managed to quiet things down and put Flyers fans into a manic, heart attack state hoping the team will get the two-goal cushion back.
For the Flyers, they’ll need Boucher to be great and he’s been solid so far outside of Ryder’s freaky goal stopping 18 out of 20 shots. Tuukka Rask has mixed in some solid saves after giving up more goals than he’s been used to in these playoffs stopping 16 out of 19 through two.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 36
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)