May 7, 2010, 8:02 PM EDT
The Flyers entered tonight’s Game 4 against the Bruins on the brink of elimination and got off to a start they would’ve liked to avoid. The seemingly ageless Mark Recchi got the Bruins on the board first at 15:37 of the first and there’s no truth the rumor that he told Brian Boucher to get off his lawn before scoring it.
The Bruins appeared that they were going to cruise into the break with a 1-0 lead until Daniel Briere slipped one through Tuukka Rask’s five hole with 56 seconds left in the period to tie the game at one. Rask stopped 8 of 9 shots in the first while Boucher stopped 9 out of 10.
Notable additions to the lineups tonight: Simon Gagne is playing for Philadelphia and saw 6:12 of action in the period. Mark Stuart is also in the lineup for Boston, replacing Adam McQuaid. Stuart played just 2:43 of the first period.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)