May 7, 2010, 8:02 PM EST
The Flyers entered tonight’s Game 4 against the Bruins on the brink of elimination and got off to a start they would’ve liked to avoid. The seemingly ageless Mark Recchi got the Bruins on the board first at 15:37 of the first and there’s no truth the rumor that he told Brian Boucher to get off his lawn before scoring it.
The Bruins appeared that they were going to cruise into the break with a 1-0 lead until Daniel Briere slipped one through Tuukka Rask’s five hole with 56 seconds left in the period to tie the game at one. Rask stopped 8 of 9 shots in the first while Boucher stopped 9 out of 10.
Notable additions to the lineups tonight: Simon Gagne is playing for Philadelphia and saw 6:12 of action in the period. Mark Stuart is also in the lineup for Boston, replacing Adam McQuaid. Stuart played just 2:43 of the first period.
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 16
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 53
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)