May 7, 2010, 8:02 PM EDT
The Flyers entered tonight’s Game 4 against the Bruins on the brink of elimination and got off to a start they would’ve liked to avoid. The seemingly ageless Mark Recchi got the Bruins on the board first at 15:37 of the first and there’s no truth the rumor that he told Brian Boucher to get off his lawn before scoring it.
The Bruins appeared that they were going to cruise into the break with a 1-0 lead until Daniel Briere slipped one through Tuukka Rask’s five hole with 56 seconds left in the period to tie the game at one. Rask stopped 8 of 9 shots in the first while Boucher stopped 9 out of 10.
Notable additions to the lineups tonight: Simon Gagne is playing for Philadelphia and saw 6:12 of action in the period. Mark Stuart is also in the lineup for Boston, replacing Adam McQuaid. Stuart played just 2:43 of the first period.
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 7
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 11
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 19
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)