May 7, 2010, 8:02 PM EDT
The Flyers entered tonight’s Game 4 against the Bruins on the brink of elimination and got off to a start they would’ve liked to avoid. The seemingly ageless Mark Recchi got the Bruins on the board first at 15:37 of the first and there’s no truth the rumor that he told Brian Boucher to get off his lawn before scoring it.
The Bruins appeared that they were going to cruise into the break with a 1-0 lead until Daniel Briere slipped one through Tuukka Rask’s five hole with 56 seconds left in the period to tie the game at one. Rask stopped 8 of 9 shots in the first while Boucher stopped 9 out of 10.
Notable additions to the lineups tonight: Simon Gagne is playing for Philadelphia and saw 6:12 of action in the period. Mark Stuart is also in the lineup for Boston, replacing Adam McQuaid. Stuart played just 2:43 of the first period.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 0
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)