May 7, 2010, 8:02 PM EDT
The Flyers entered tonight’s Game 4 against the Bruins on the brink of elimination and got off to a start they would’ve liked to avoid. The seemingly ageless Mark Recchi got the Bruins on the board first at 15:37 of the first and there’s no truth the rumor that he told Brian Boucher to get off his lawn before scoring it.
The Bruins appeared that they were going to cruise into the break with a 1-0 lead until Daniel Briere slipped one through Tuukka Rask’s five hole with 56 seconds left in the period to tie the game at one. Rask stopped 8 of 9 shots in the first while Boucher stopped 9 out of 10.
Notable additions to the lineups tonight: Simon Gagne is playing for Philadelphia and saw 6:12 of action in the period. Mark Stuart is also in the lineup for Boston, replacing Adam McQuaid. Stuart played just 2:43 of the first period.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 11
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 33
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- Erik Haula signs two-year extension with Wild (35)