May 7, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
With Pavel Datsyuk hobbled and Henrik Zetterberg focusing most of his energy on stopping Sidney Crosby, the Detroit Red Wing who struck The Fear of God into me last Stanley Cup Finals was Johan Franzen. Simply put, the man has ridiculous hands and – when he’s on his game – little fear of using them to destroy your team’s hopes and dreams.
That being said, Franzen’s playoffs didn’t jump out to me at first; I had to check his game log to realize that he’s actually had a point in each contest. To be fair, though, only two of those points were goals so last night was still an anomaly for the sniping Swede. He had a natural hat trick in the third period and one more later on, capping a ridiculous four-goal, two-assist performance and maybe forcing some Sharks fans to bite their nails a bit last night.
Did he change the makeup of this series?
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7