May 7, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
With Pavel Datsyuk hobbled and Henrik Zetterberg focusing most of his energy on stopping Sidney Crosby, the Detroit Red Wing who struck The Fear of God into me last Stanley Cup Finals was Johan Franzen. Simply put, the man has ridiculous hands and – when he’s on his game – little fear of using them to destroy your team’s hopes and dreams.
That being said, Franzen’s playoffs didn’t jump out to me at first; I had to check his game log to realize that he’s actually had a point in each contest. To be fair, though, only two of those points were goals so last night was still an anomaly for the sniping Swede. He had a natural hat trick in the third period and one more later on, capping a ridiculous four-goal, two-assist performance and maybe forcing some Sharks fans to bite their nails a bit last night.
Did he change the makeup of this series?
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 0
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 21
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42