May 7, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
With Pavel Datsyuk hobbled and Henrik Zetterberg focusing most of his energy on stopping Sidney Crosby, the Detroit Red Wing who struck The Fear of God into me last Stanley Cup Finals was Johan Franzen. Simply put, the man has ridiculous hands and – when he’s on his game – little fear of using them to destroy your team’s hopes and dreams.
That being said, Franzen’s playoffs didn’t jump out to me at first; I had to check his game log to realize that he’s actually had a point in each contest. To be fair, though, only two of those points were goals so last night was still an anomaly for the sniping Swede. He had a natural hat trick in the third period and one more later on, capping a ridiculous four-goal, two-assist performance and maybe forcing some Sharks fans to bite their nails a bit last night.
Did he change the makeup of this series?
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35