May 6, 2010, 1:15 PM EST
As the Flyers took to the ice this morning, reports began to flood in that Simon Gagne — out so far with a broken toe — was on the ice and skating as he supposedly prepares to play tomorrow in Game 4 against the Bruins.
The Flyers are down in the series now 3-0 and their backs are against the wall, and this is surely a last second act of desperation by Gagne to do all that he can to help his team.
Of course, we’re likely not going to learn of his status until right before the game starts, but I’d be willing to bet he’s playing. He practices with a protective boot over his skate, but it’s unknown what sort of extra protective equipment he might use in the game.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)