May 6, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
As the Flyers took to the ice this morning, reports began to flood in that Simon Gagne — out so far with a broken toe — was on the ice and skating as he supposedly prepares to play tomorrow in Game 4 against the Bruins.
The Flyers are down in the series now 3-0 and their backs are against the wall, and this is surely a last second act of desperation by Gagne to do all that he can to help his team.
Of course, we’re likely not going to learn of his status until right before the game starts, but I’d be willing to bet he’s playing. He practices with a protective boot over his skate, but it’s unknown what sort of extra protective equipment he might use in the game.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)