May 6, 2010, 1:15 PM EST
As the Flyers took to the ice this morning, reports began to flood in that Simon Gagne — out so far with a broken toe — was on the ice and skating as he supposedly prepares to play tomorrow in Game 4 against the Bruins.
The Flyers are down in the series now 3-0 and their backs are against the wall, and this is surely a last second act of desperation by Gagne to do all that he can to help his team.
Of course, we’re likely not going to learn of his status until right before the game starts, but I’d be willing to bet he’s playing. He practices with a protective boot over his skate, but it’s unknown what sort of extra protective equipment he might use in the game.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)