May 6, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
As the Flyers took to the ice this morning, reports began to flood in that Simon Gagne — out so far with a broken toe — was on the ice and skating as he supposedly prepares to play tomorrow in Game 4 against the Bruins.
The Flyers are down in the series now 3-0 and their backs are against the wall, and this is surely a last second act of desperation by Gagne to do all that he can to help his team.
Of course, we’re likely not going to learn of his status until right before the game starts, but I’d be willing to bet he’s playing. He practices with a protective boot over his skate, but it’s unknown what sort of extra protective equipment he might use in the game.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 45
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)