May 6, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
As the Flyers took to the ice this morning, reports began to flood in that Simon Gagne — out so far with a broken toe — was on the ice and skating as he supposedly prepares to play tomorrow in Game 4 against the Bruins.
The Flyers are down in the series now 3-0 and their backs are against the wall, and this is surely a last second act of desperation by Gagne to do all that he can to help his team.
Of course, we’re likely not going to learn of his status until right before the game starts, but I’d be willing to bet he’s playing. He practices with a protective boot over his skate, but it’s unknown what sort of extra protective equipment he might use in the game.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)