May 6, 2010, 7:18 PM EDT
According to Chris Stevenson of the Ottawa Sun and everyone else in Montreal for tonight’s Game 4 between the Penguins and Canadiens, Jordan Staal is in the lineup for the Penguins and is taking the spot of Mike Rupp who was scratched.
We reported earlier today that Staal was hopeful to get in the lineup as he worked hard in practice to show that he was, indeed, ready to play after suffering a cut tendon in his foot and it’s clear that he impressed head coach Dan Bylsma enough to get the start tonight.
If the Penguins needed a spark for their game tonight, they need not look any further than Staal for inspiration.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 22
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 72
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)