May 6, 2010, 7:18 PM EST
According to Chris Stevenson of the Ottawa Sun and everyone else in Montreal for tonight’s Game 4 between the Penguins and Canadiens, Jordan Staal is in the lineup for the Penguins and is taking the spot of Mike Rupp who was scratched.
We reported earlier today that Staal was hopeful to get in the lineup as he worked hard in practice to show that he was, indeed, ready to play after suffering a cut tendon in his foot and it’s clear that he impressed head coach Dan Bylsma enough to get the start tonight.
If the Penguins needed a spark for their game tonight, they need not look any further than Staal for inspiration.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46