May 6, 2010, 7:18 PM EDT
According to Chris Stevenson of the Ottawa Sun and everyone else in Montreal for tonight’s Game 4 between the Penguins and Canadiens, Jordan Staal is in the lineup for the Penguins and is taking the spot of Mike Rupp who was scratched.
We reported earlier today that Staal was hopeful to get in the lineup as he worked hard in practice to show that he was, indeed, ready to play after suffering a cut tendon in his foot and it’s clear that he impressed head coach Dan Bylsma enough to get the start tonight.
If the Penguins needed a spark for their game tonight, they need not look any further than Staal for inspiration.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 78
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50