May 6, 2010, 7:18 PM EDT
According to Chris Stevenson of the Ottawa Sun and everyone else in Montreal for tonight’s Game 4 between the Penguins and Canadiens, Jordan Staal is in the lineup for the Penguins and is taking the spot of Mike Rupp who was scratched.
We reported earlier today that Staal was hopeful to get in the lineup as he worked hard in practice to show that he was, indeed, ready to play after suffering a cut tendon in his foot and it’s clear that he impressed head coach Dan Bylsma enough to get the start tonight.
If the Penguins needed a spark for their game tonight, they need not look any further than Staal for inspiration.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 2
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)