May 6, 2010, 7:18 PM EST
According to Chris Stevenson of the Ottawa Sun and everyone else in Montreal for tonight’s Game 4 between the Penguins and Canadiens, Jordan Staal is in the lineup for the Penguins and is taking the spot of Mike Rupp who was scratched.
We reported earlier today that Staal was hopeful to get in the lineup as he worked hard in practice to show that he was, indeed, ready to play after suffering a cut tendon in his foot and it’s clear that he impressed head coach Dan Bylsma enough to get the start tonight.
If the Penguins needed a spark for their game tonight, they need not look any further than Staal for inspiration.
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 5
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 46
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 18
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (72)