May 6, 2010, 1:30 AM EST
With players dropping like flies and the team winning despite all that, one must wonder if the Boston Bruins will suit up beer leaguers at some point in the playoffs. James Murphy of NESN shares that center David Krejci will be out for the playoffs after suffering from a broken wrist thanks to a legal check by Flyers forward Mike Richards.
Reports coming out of Philadelphia claimed that Krejci had a broken wrist and was done for the season. Obviously, that’s hard news to take, but this Bruins team just seems to chew it up and spit it out.
“It becomes a pride factor, and I think it’s about making sure that everyone understands that not one person can replace the guy that’s not here, but the whole team has to and the whole team did,” said head coach Claude Julien when asked how his team seems to pull together, even on the fly, as it did in Game 4. “In the third period, we used our whole bench and everybody had to give us what they had, and we had to stay as fresh as we could to battle a team that was coming at us hard — and I wasn’t ready to shorten my bench for that reason. The bench is already short to start with, and you don’t want to shorten it anymore.”
Krejci has been a solid contributor for the Bruins this playoffs, putting up 8 points in nine games (including an assist during the play that left him injured). It is a tough loss for a team growing accustomed to injuries.
Still, they’ve found ways to win thanks to great goaltending by Tuukka Rask and timely scoring, particularly from veterans such as Miroslav Satan and Mark Recchi. We’ll let you know if anything changes regarding Krejci’s status, but again, reports indicate that he’s done for the playoffs.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner)
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 11
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)