May 6, 2010, 12:30 AM EDT
He might not have the subtle goalie screening skills of Tomas Holmstrom, but Dustin Byfuglien had an enormous impact on Roberto Luongo in Chicago’s 5-2 win tonight. The large forward scored a hat trick and generally made life miserable for the Canucks goalie.
Chicago Blackhawks 5, Vancouver Canucks 2
Blackhawks lead series 2-1
The final Blackhawks/Byfuglien goal was oddly symbolic. Patrick Kane put a backhand shot on net and followed the puck through. Byfuglien more or less pushed Luongo (and basically the puck as well) into the twine and got away with a clear goalie interference. The goal went to video review, but interference isn’t something that can be overturned that way.
I’m not going to go as far as to say that Byfuglien and the Blackhawks are “in Luongo’s head” but this game, at least, got under his skin. He made 30 out of 35 saves while Antti Niemi completed a great night in net going 31 for 33.
After dominating Los Angeles in the first round, the Sedin twins and Mikael Samuelsson are struggling to find space. Daniel only has one point while Henrik only managed a goal and an assist in the three games in this series so far. Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook appear to be too much for the twins to handle right now. If the Canucks hope to make it to the Western Conference Finals, they’ll need more from those weird looking gingers.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup