May 5, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
You knew there was going to be some fireworks between the Flyers and
Bruins. It was inevitable. I never would have guessed that Marc Savard
would be at the center of it.
As the series heads back to
Philadelphia Dan Carcillo is vowing to keep the pressure on Savard,
aiming to match up with him as much as possible. What’s interesting is
that Carcillo says he’s going to let his actions speak for him:
“I don’t know, we’ll see what happens,” Carcillo said following the
Flyers game-day skate in advance of Wednesday’s all-important Game 3.
“I’m not going to talk too much.”
Savard says he’s not going to get into any verbal back and forth with
Carcillo nor how he expects to be “welcomed” by the Philly crowd.
Savard was accused of biting Carcillo during a scrum in the second
period Monday, although there’s no way to tell whether that happened or
not. Of course, Carcillo’s forearm whack to the side of the head of
Savard didn’t exactly place him in the good graces of the Bruins, so it
will be interesting to see how the team responds to all of this chatter
back and forth.
Playing in front of the home crowd, I’m expecting an amped up
Carcillo to do something violent, energetic and perhaps a bit dumb.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)