May 5, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Alessandro Rosso, a blogger and reporter covering Russian hockey for Hockey’s Future (among others) has tweeted today that Olli Jokinen will sign with Dinamo Minsk of the KHL.
What’s interesting is that Jokinen isn’t exactly a Russian player headed back to play in his home country, but a talented European player that has decided against staying with the NHL for supposedly greener pastures in the KHL.
It’s not as if Jokinen has enjoyed immense success in the NHL, though. He’s bounced around from team to team nearly every trade deadline, and had just 15 goals between the Flames and the Rangers this past season. Always hoped to be the spark for a team that needs offense, instead Jokinen just…exists.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 52
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 54
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 161
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (161)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)