May 5, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
Alessandro Rosso, a blogger and reporter covering Russian hockey for Hockey’s Future (among others) has tweeted today that Olli Jokinen will sign with Dinamo Minsk of the KHL.
What’s interesting is that Jokinen isn’t exactly a Russian player headed back to play in his home country, but a talented European player that has decided against staying with the NHL for supposedly greener pastures in the KHL.
It’s not as if Jokinen has enjoyed immense success in the NHL, though. He’s bounced around from team to team nearly every trade deadline, and had just 15 goals between the Flames and the Rangers this past season. Always hoped to be the spark for a team that needs offense, instead Jokinen just…exists.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 5
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 57
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)