May 5, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Alessandro Rosso, a blogger and reporter covering Russian hockey for Hockey’s Future (among others) has tweeted today that Olli Jokinen will sign with Dinamo Minsk of the KHL.
What’s interesting is that Jokinen isn’t exactly a Russian player headed back to play in his home country, but a talented European player that has decided against staying with the NHL for supposedly greener pastures in the KHL.
It’s not as if Jokinen has enjoyed immense success in the NHL, though. He’s bounced around from team to team nearly every trade deadline, and had just 15 goals between the Flames and the Rangers this past season. Always hoped to be the spark for a team that needs offense, instead Jokinen just…exists.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 30
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)