May 5, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Alessandro Rosso, a blogger and reporter covering Russian hockey for Hockey’s Future (among others) has tweeted today that Olli Jokinen will sign with Dinamo Minsk of the KHL.
What’s interesting is that Jokinen isn’t exactly a Russian player headed back to play in his home country, but a talented European player that has decided against staying with the NHL for supposedly greener pastures in the KHL.
It’s not as if Jokinen has enjoyed immense success in the NHL, though. He’s bounced around from team to team nearly every trade deadline, and had just 15 goals between the Flames and the Rangers this past season. Always hoped to be the spark for a team that needs offense, instead Jokinen just…exists.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 7
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9