May 5, 2010, 3:08 PM EDT
Joel Quenneville made a couple of subtle but effective lineup changes for Game 2, as the Hawks evened up the series against the Canucks behind a more aggressive and physical approach. With Chicago wanting to keep that momentum and hopefully build upon it, it seems one more could be on the way.
Troy Brouwer hasn’t had that great of a postseason, and it seems he could be the odd man out for tonight. From Brian Hamilton of the Chicago Tribune, said Quenneville of a possible change:
“We’ll see,” the Blackhawks coach said after Wednesday’s morning skate
at GM Place. “We got maybe one. We’ll see.”
“We’re definitely looking for
more,” Quenneville said of Brouwer.
It’s also important to note that it seems that Dustin Byfuglien may have found a semi-permanent spot on the top line with Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane. There’s no doubt that the Blackhawks are hoping to keep the pressure on Vancouver and in particular Roberto Luongo, who Chicago has vowed to annoy and agitate any chance they get.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 2
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)