May 5, 2010, 3:08 PM EST
Joel Quenneville made a couple of subtle but effective lineup changes for Game 2, as the Hawks evened up the series against the Canucks behind a more aggressive and physical approach. With Chicago wanting to keep that momentum and hopefully build upon it, it seems one more could be on the way.
Troy Brouwer hasn’t had that great of a postseason, and it seems he could be the odd man out for tonight. From Brian Hamilton of the Chicago Tribune, said Quenneville of a possible change:
“We’ll see,” the Blackhawks coach said after Wednesday’s morning skate
at GM Place. “We got maybe one. We’ll see.”
“We’re definitely looking for
more,” Quenneville said of Brouwer.
It’s also important to note that it seems that Dustin Byfuglien may have found a semi-permanent spot on the top line with Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane. There’s no doubt that the Blackhawks are hoping to keep the pressure on Vancouver and in particular Roberto Luongo, who Chicago has vowed to annoy and agitate any chance they get.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 14
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (183)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)