May 5, 2010, 9:00 PM EST
It’s unclear how severe the injury is, but David Krejci left today’s game after taking a hit from Mike Richards. The Boston Bruins center appeared to favor his wrist on the play in which he – oddly enough – earned an assist. No word yet on whether or not he’ll return to tonight’s game or miss any other time.
Meanwhile in Game 3, the Bruins still hold a 2-1 lead going into the third period. Tuukka Rask has been brilliant in net so far for the Bruins, casting aside 26 of the 27 pucks sent his way. Philadelphia had nearly as many shots in the second (15) as Boston has through both periods (17).
Something tells me the Bruins will need to play a bit more in the Flyers’ end if they hope to hold on for a huge 3-0 lead in the series. This could be the biggest third period for the Flyers since they played a do-or-die game against the New York Rangers. Unfortunately for Philly, this time they can’t luck out in a shootout.
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 26
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)