May 5, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
It’s unclear how severe the injury is, but David Krejci left today’s game after taking a hit from Mike Richards. The Boston Bruins center appeared to favor his wrist on the play in which he – oddly enough – earned an assist. No word yet on whether or not he’ll return to tonight’s game or miss any other time.
Meanwhile in Game 3, the Bruins still hold a 2-1 lead going into the third period. Tuukka Rask has been brilliant in net so far for the Bruins, casting aside 26 of the 27 pucks sent his way. Philadelphia had nearly as many shots in the second (15) as Boston has through both periods (17).
Something tells me the Bruins will need to play a bit more in the Flyers’ end if they hope to hold on for a huge 3-0 lead in the series. This could be the biggest third period for the Flyers since they played a do-or-die game against the New York Rangers. Unfortunately for Philly, this time they can’t luck out in a shootout.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 6
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 43
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20