May 5, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
It’s unclear how severe the injury is, but David Krejci left today’s game after taking a hit from Mike Richards. The Boston Bruins center appeared to favor his wrist on the play in which he – oddly enough – earned an assist. No word yet on whether or not he’ll return to tonight’s game or miss any other time.
Meanwhile in Game 3, the Bruins still hold a 2-1 lead going into the third period. Tuukka Rask has been brilliant in net so far for the Bruins, casting aside 26 of the 27 pucks sent his way. Philadelphia had nearly as many shots in the second (15) as Boston has through both periods (17).
Something tells me the Bruins will need to play a bit more in the Flyers’ end if they hope to hold on for a huge 3-0 lead in the series. This could be the biggest third period for the Flyers since they played a do-or-die game against the New York Rangers. Unfortunately for Philly, this time they can’t luck out in a shootout.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)