May 5, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
It’s unclear how severe the injury is, but David Krejci left today’s game after taking a hit from Mike Richards. The Boston Bruins center appeared to favor his wrist on the play in which he – oddly enough – earned an assist. No word yet on whether or not he’ll return to tonight’s game or miss any other time.
Meanwhile in Game 3, the Bruins still hold a 2-1 lead going into the third period. Tuukka Rask has been brilliant in net so far for the Bruins, casting aside 26 of the 27 pucks sent his way. Philadelphia had nearly as many shots in the second (15) as Boston has through both periods (17).
Something tells me the Bruins will need to play a bit more in the Flyers’ end if they hope to hold on for a huge 3-0 lead in the series. This could be the biggest third period for the Flyers since they played a do-or-die game against the New York Rangers. Unfortunately for Philly, this time they can’t luck out in a shootout.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)