May 5, 2010, 9:00 PM EDT
It’s unclear how severe the injury is, but David Krejci left today’s game after taking a hit from Mike Richards. The Boston Bruins center appeared to favor his wrist on the play in which he – oddly enough – earned an assist. No word yet on whether or not he’ll return to tonight’s game or miss any other time.
Meanwhile in Game 3, the Bruins still hold a 2-1 lead going into the third period. Tuukka Rask has been brilliant in net so far for the Bruins, casting aside 26 of the 27 pucks sent his way. Philadelphia had nearly as many shots in the second (15) as Boston has through both periods (17).
Something tells me the Bruins will need to play a bit more in the Flyers’ end if they hope to hold on for a huge 3-0 lead in the series. This could be the biggest third period for the Flyers since they played a do-or-die game against the New York Rangers. Unfortunately for Philly, this time they can’t luck out in a shootout.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)