May 5, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
The Green Men, who have gained national notoriety for their antics outside the penalty box in Vancouver, will be on hand again in an attempt to agitate any Blackhawks player who makes their way to the sin bin. While we haven’t seen much actual response from the players in the box, it will be interesting to see how the Blackhawks handle the annoying Green Men.
Duncan Keith, who drew the attention of the NHL after squirting Nashville fans with a water bottle, says the two guys are pretty funny. From ESPNChicago.com:
“I don’t think anyone really gets on your nerves when you’re in the
penalty box,” said Keith, who said he was having fun with the heckler in
Nashville. “It’s kind of funny when they’re talking to you. You can
tell they get excited about it.
“I saw it on TV, the ‘Green Guys,’
or whatever they are. It’s pretty funny.”
Adam Burish added that he thinks the two guys are good for the game of hockey and no matter how annoying you think they might be it’s tough to argue with him. The NHL needs more of these sort of harmless antics from the fans (and I emphasize harmless) as the NHL is one of the more accessible sports for fans to attend.
If the players are into it, especially if it doesn’t seem to matter much, then it will great to see just how far the Green Men take their antics with national television cameras aimed in their direction.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)