May 5, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
The Green Men, who have gained national notoriety for their antics outside the penalty box in Vancouver, will be on hand again in an attempt to agitate any Blackhawks player who makes their way to the sin bin. While we haven’t seen much actual response from the players in the box, it will be interesting to see how the Blackhawks handle the annoying Green Men.
Duncan Keith, who drew the attention of the NHL after squirting Nashville fans with a water bottle, says the two guys are pretty funny. From ESPNChicago.com:
“I don’t think anyone really gets on your nerves when you’re in the
penalty box,” said Keith, who said he was having fun with the heckler in
Nashville. “It’s kind of funny when they’re talking to you. You can
tell they get excited about it.
“I saw it on TV, the ‘Green Guys,’
or whatever they are. It’s pretty funny.”
Adam Burish added that he thinks the two guys are good for the game of hockey and no matter how annoying you think they might be it’s tough to argue with him. The NHL needs more of these sort of harmless antics from the fans (and I emphasize harmless) as the NHL is one of the more accessible sports for fans to attend.
If the players are into it, especially if it doesn’t seem to matter much, then it will great to see just how far the Green Men take their antics with national television cameras aimed in their direction.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)