May 5, 2010, 7:56 PM EDT
The NHL playoffs are full of upsets but try this on for size: there were absolutely zero penalties in the first period of tonight’s Bruins-Flyers game. What? Isn’t this Philadelphia and Boston? How exactly does that happen?
Things got crazy in a different way early in the first period. Aaron Asham scored 2:32 into the game, only to be answered by a Blake Wheeler and Miroslav Satan goal just a little more than a minute apart. Satan is, well, hotter than hell right now as he brought his goal scoring streak to four games tonight. Marc Savard continues to grow more comfortable back on the ice, assisting on Wheeler’s first career playoff goal.*
* – Are you with me in thinking “it took Wheeler four rounds to score his first career playoff goal”?
It’s certainly not an insurmountable margin for the Flyers, especially considering their penchant for comebacks – despite falling short of victory – so far in this series. My guess is that this one is far from over … and we’ll probably see a powerplay at some point.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)