May 5, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
With San Jose’s defeat of Detroit last night, we currently have two series that could end in a sweep. Will Boston put the Flyers in a full nelson and really take hold of the series? Which of the Canucks or Blackhawks will give their team a one-game advantage? Let’s take a look at the two contests.
Boston Bruins at Philadelphia Flyers – 7:00 PM ET (Versus, TSN)
Bruins lead series 2-0
In some ways, this series echoes the Red Wings-Sharks match, with the Bruins and Flyers trading blows but Boston finding a way to narrowly win both games at home. Thankfully, Flyers fans are too busy loading up on batteries to worry how their tin foil hats look. The first two games were approximately 10,000 times more exciting than I expected from these two teams and the intensity of a you-know-we-really-need-to-win-this-game Flyers squad should make things very interesting.
Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks – 9:30 PM ET (CBC, CSN Chicago, Versus joined in progress)
Series tied 1-1
At one point in Game 2, it looked like the Blackhawks were going to be staring down the barrel of a two game deficit despite playing each one at the United Center. That would have been an enormous hole for them to climb out of, so their triumphant surge really changed the makeup of this series. That being said, the Canucks obviously aren’t going to make things easy for Chicago and hockey fans wouldn’t have it any other way. This one should be a real treat for puckheads.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5