May 5, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
With San Jose’s defeat of Detroit last night, we currently have two series that could end in a sweep. Will Boston put the Flyers in a full nelson and really take hold of the series? Which of the Canucks or Blackhawks will give their team a one-game advantage? Let’s take a look at the two contests.
Boston Bruins at Philadelphia Flyers – 7:00 PM ET (Versus, TSN)
Bruins lead series 2-0
In some ways, this series echoes the Red Wings-Sharks match, with the Bruins and Flyers trading blows but Boston finding a way to narrowly win both games at home. Thankfully, Flyers fans are too busy loading up on batteries to worry how their tin foil hats look. The first two games were approximately 10,000 times more exciting than I expected from these two teams and the intensity of a you-know-we-really-need-to-win-this-game Flyers squad should make things very interesting.
Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks - 9:30 PM ET (CBC, CSN Chicago, Versus joined in progress)
Series tied 1-1
At one point in Game 2, it looked like the Blackhawks were going to be staring down the barrel of a two game deficit despite playing each one at the United Center. That would have been an enormous hole for them to climb out of, so their triumphant surge really changed the makeup of this series. That being said, the Canucks obviously aren’t going to make things easy for Chicago and hockey fans wouldn’t have it any other way. This one should be a real treat for puckheads.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)