May 5, 2010, 6:15 PM EST
With San Jose’s defeat of Detroit last night, we currently have two series that could end in a sweep. Will Boston put the Flyers in a full nelson and really take hold of the series? Which of the Canucks or Blackhawks will give their team a one-game advantage? Let’s take a look at the two contests.
Boston Bruins at Philadelphia Flyers – 7:00 PM ET (Versus, TSN)
Bruins lead series 2-0
In some ways, this series echoes the Red Wings-Sharks match, with the Bruins and Flyers trading blows but Boston finding a way to narrowly win both games at home. Thankfully, Flyers fans are too busy loading up on batteries to worry how their tin foil hats look. The first two games were approximately 10,000 times more exciting than I expected from these two teams and the intensity of a you-know-we-really-need-to-win-this-game Flyers squad should make things very interesting.
Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks – 9:30 PM ET (CBC, CSN Chicago, Versus joined in progress)
Series tied 1-1
At one point in Game 2, it looked like the Blackhawks were going to be staring down the barrel of a two game deficit despite playing each one at the United Center. That would have been an enormous hole for them to climb out of, so their triumphant surge really changed the makeup of this series. That being said, the Canucks obviously aren’t going to make things easy for Chicago and hockey fans wouldn’t have it any other way. This one should be a real treat for puckheads.
- Devils fire DeBoer 5
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 1
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 8
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)