May 5, 2010, 6:15 PM EST
With San Jose’s defeat of Detroit last night, we currently have two series that could end in a sweep. Will Boston put the Flyers in a full nelson and really take hold of the series? Which of the Canucks or Blackhawks will give their team a one-game advantage? Let’s take a look at the two contests.
Boston Bruins at Philadelphia Flyers – 7:00 PM ET (Versus, TSN)
Bruins lead series 2-0
In some ways, this series echoes the Red Wings-Sharks match, with the Bruins and Flyers trading blows but Boston finding a way to narrowly win both games at home. Thankfully, Flyers fans are too busy loading up on batteries to worry how their tin foil hats look. The first two games were approximately 10,000 times more exciting than I expected from these two teams and the intensity of a you-know-we-really-need-to-win-this-game Flyers squad should make things very interesting.
Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks – 9:30 PM ET (CBC, CSN Chicago, Versus joined in progress)
Series tied 1-1
At one point in Game 2, it looked like the Blackhawks were going to be staring down the barrel of a two game deficit despite playing each one at the United Center. That would have been an enormous hole for them to climb out of, so their triumphant surge really changed the makeup of this series. That being said, the Canucks obviously aren’t going to make things easy for Chicago and hockey fans wouldn’t have it any other way. This one should be a real treat for puckheads.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 15
- Mike Richards clears waivers 27
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)