May 4, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks looked like a completely different team on Monday night, perhaps taking a game or so to adjust to the difference between playing the Predators and playing the Canucks. It was all apparent that after just one game the Hawks had made some changes in their approach, which a bit impressive considering their lack of a practice on Sunday.
One key change was the insertion of Adam Burish to the lineup, who did his best to incite anger from every Canucks player he came across. Before the game, he told Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun Times that was his goal:
”I hope when I am in there, at the end of the day [the Canucks] all say
‘I hate playing against this guy. He [ticks] me off every time he’s in
the lineup,’ ” Burish said before Game 2. ”I think I can provide that
and bring that.”
Patrick Kane said after the game that he felt that the loss in Game 1 was due more to the play of the Blackhawks and less to do with anything special the Canucks did to stop them. Seeing how Game 2 played out, it’s tough to argue with him. The Cancucks played the same game that was so successful for them against the Kings yet this time the Blackhawks did a much better job of countering.
It’s a good thing too. I was getting worried that this great series I was promising everyone would be a cake walk for the Canucks after watching Game 1.
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 13
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 15
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)