May 4, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks looked like a completely different team on Monday night, perhaps taking a game or so to adjust to the difference between playing the Predators and playing the Canucks. It was all apparent that after just one game the Hawks had made some changes in their approach, which a bit impressive considering their lack of a practice on Sunday.
One key change was the insertion of Adam Burish to the lineup, who did his best to incite anger from every Canucks player he came across. Before the game, he told Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun Times that was his goal:
”I hope when I am in there, at the end of the day [the Canucks] all say
‘I hate playing against this guy. He [ticks] me off every time he’s in
the lineup,’ ” Burish said before Game 2. ”I think I can provide that
and bring that.”
Patrick Kane said after the game that he felt that the loss in Game 1 was due more to the play of the Blackhawks and less to do with anything special the Canucks did to stop them. Seeing how Game 2 played out, it’s tough to argue with him. The Cancucks played the same game that was so successful for them against the Kings yet this time the Blackhawks did a much better job of countering.
It’s a good thing too. I was getting worried that this great series I was promising everyone would be a cake walk for the Canucks after watching Game 1.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 46
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)