May 4, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks looked like a completely different team on Monday night, perhaps taking a game or so to adjust to the difference between playing the Predators and playing the Canucks. It was all apparent that after just one game the Hawks had made some changes in their approach, which a bit impressive considering their lack of a practice on Sunday.
One key change was the insertion of Adam Burish to the lineup, who did his best to incite anger from every Canucks player he came across. Before the game, he told Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun Times that was his goal:
”I hope when I am in there, at the end of the day [the Canucks] all say
‘I hate playing against this guy. He [ticks] me off every time he’s in
the lineup,’ ” Burish said before Game 2. ”I think I can provide that
and bring that.”
Patrick Kane said after the game that he felt that the loss in Game 1 was due more to the play of the Blackhawks and less to do with anything special the Canucks did to stop them. Seeing how Game 2 played out, it’s tough to argue with him. The Cancucks played the same game that was so successful for them against the Kings yet this time the Blackhawks did a much better job of countering.
It’s a good thing too. I was getting worried that this great series I was promising everyone would be a cake walk for the Canucks after watching Game 1.
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 6
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 17
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 125
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)