May 4, 2010, 8:04 PM EST
We’re about 10 minutes through Sharks-Red Wings in Detroit right now and the Tin Foil Hats might just enter the building (figuratively, since fans were caught by FS Detroit’s cameras to be wearing exactly those before the game). After an extensive video review, a would-be first goal of the game for Henrik Zetterberg was called off because of a “distinct kicking motion.” I wonder how many Red Wings fans are foaming at the mouth right now?
It was just about the perfect first period for the Montreal Canadiens … except they didn’t score. Normally in “counter-attack” mode this playoffs, the Habs took advantage of an enchanting Montreal crowd and took the play to the hapless Pittsburgh Penguins. Still, the scoreboard reads 0-0 so it is clearly anyone’s game.
Despite missing Jordan Staal for an indefinite amount of time and holding Bill Guerin out of Game 3, the Penguins need more if they’re hoping to best Jaroslav Halak and the Canadiens. Then again, maybe the team just wants to avoiding falling victim of the old “rope-a-dope”? The one bright spot for the Penguins was Marc-Andre Fleury, who looked sharp even though he only faced 7 shots in the first.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 1
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 62
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 65
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 61
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 36
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 64
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 169
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (169)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) (68)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (65)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (62)