May 4, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
We’re about 10 minutes through Sharks-Red Wings in Detroit right now and the Tin Foil Hats might just enter the building (figuratively, since fans were caught by FS Detroit’s cameras to be wearing exactly those before the game). After an extensive video review, a would-be first goal of the game for Henrik Zetterberg was called off because of a “distinct kicking motion.” I wonder how many Red Wings fans are foaming at the mouth right now?
It was just about the perfect first period for the Montreal Canadiens … except they didn’t score. Normally in “counter-attack” mode this playoffs, the Habs took advantage of an enchanting Montreal crowd and took the play to the hapless Pittsburgh Penguins. Still, the scoreboard reads 0-0 so it is clearly anyone’s game.
Despite missing Jordan Staal for an indefinite amount of time and holding Bill Guerin out of Game 3, the Penguins need more if they’re hoping to best Jaroslav Halak and the Canadiens. Then again, maybe the team just wants to avoiding falling victim of the old “rope-a-dope”? The one bright spot for the Penguins was Marc-Andre Fleury, who looked sharp even though he only faced 7 shots in the first.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8