May 4, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
We’re about 10 minutes through Sharks-Red Wings in Detroit right now and the Tin Foil Hats might just enter the building (figuratively, since fans were caught by FS Detroit’s cameras to be wearing exactly those before the game). After an extensive video review, a would-be first goal of the game for Henrik Zetterberg was called off because of a “distinct kicking motion.” I wonder how many Red Wings fans are foaming at the mouth right now?
It was just about the perfect first period for the Montreal Canadiens … except they didn’t score. Normally in “counter-attack” mode this playoffs, the Habs took advantage of an enchanting Montreal crowd and took the play to the hapless Pittsburgh Penguins. Still, the scoreboard reads 0-0 so it is clearly anyone’s game.
Despite missing Jordan Staal for an indefinite amount of time and holding Bill Guerin out of Game 3, the Penguins need more if they’re hoping to best Jaroslav Halak and the Canadiens. Then again, maybe the team just wants to avoiding falling victim of the old “rope-a-dope”? The one bright spot for the Penguins was Marc-Andre Fleury, who looked sharp even though he only faced 7 shots in the first.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)