May 4, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
We’re about 10 minutes through Sharks-Red Wings in Detroit right now and the Tin Foil Hats might just enter the building (figuratively, since fans were caught by FS Detroit’s cameras to be wearing exactly those before the game). After an extensive video review, a would-be first goal of the game for Henrik Zetterberg was called off because of a “distinct kicking motion.” I wonder how many Red Wings fans are foaming at the mouth right now?
It was just about the perfect first period for the Montreal Canadiens … except they didn’t score. Normally in “counter-attack” mode this playoffs, the Habs took advantage of an enchanting Montreal crowd and took the play to the hapless Pittsburgh Penguins. Still, the scoreboard reads 0-0 so it is clearly anyone’s game.
Despite missing Jordan Staal for an indefinite amount of time and holding Bill Guerin out of Game 3, the Penguins need more if they’re hoping to best Jaroslav Halak and the Canadiens. Then again, maybe the team just wants to avoiding falling victim of the old “rope-a-dope”? The one bright spot for the Penguins was Marc-Andre Fleury, who looked sharp even though he only faced 7 shots in the first.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 19
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 71
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (71)