May 4, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
We’re about 10 minutes through Sharks-Red Wings in Detroit right now and the Tin Foil Hats might just enter the building (figuratively, since fans were caught by FS Detroit’s cameras to be wearing exactly those before the game). After an extensive video review, a would-be first goal of the game for Henrik Zetterberg was called off because of a “distinct kicking motion.” I wonder how many Red Wings fans are foaming at the mouth right now?
It was just about the perfect first period for the Montreal Canadiens … except they didn’t score. Normally in “counter-attack” mode this playoffs, the Habs took advantage of an enchanting Montreal crowd and took the play to the hapless Pittsburgh Penguins. Still, the scoreboard reads 0-0 so it is clearly anyone’s game.
Despite missing Jordan Staal for an indefinite amount of time and holding Bill Guerin out of Game 3, the Penguins need more if they’re hoping to best Jaroslav Halak and the Canadiens. Then again, maybe the team just wants to avoiding falling victim of the old “rope-a-dope”? The one bright spot for the Penguins was Marc-Andre Fleury, who looked sharp even though he only faced 7 shots in the first.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63