May 4, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
The adoring hockey fans of Montreal put aside their temporary dislike
for Sidney Crosby today as the
Canadien Press reports a throng of adoring fans lining up for his
autograph outside the team’s hotel today to get his autograph.
he’s the most loved player in Canada right now (I think) but I’m
guessing he’s not going to get any big cheers tonight at the Bell
Centre. The Habs fans generally have a tendency to let their national
pride be pushed aside for three hours while cheering on their team.
regards to my comments yesterday about Sidney Crosby still having a
ways to go before he’s a great a leader as some make him out to be? I
stand by them. He’s done some great things in his career already, and
he’s taken big strides the past few seasons to quiet many of his
critics, but losing his cool on national television on NBC is not how
you want your captain to act.
Snapping his stick on the pipe and
then angrily throwing it aside is not the example you want the NHL’s
best player setting, much as you don’t like to see the best players for
any sport losing their cool in front of a national audience.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35