May 4, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports today that he has confirmed what everyone suspected: Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov has a torn ACL. Obviously the testing he was undergoing had to do with the MRI’s he was getting on his knee.
While we haven’t received exact confirmation as to his availability for the rest of the playoffs — and we certainly don’t want to jump the gun on anything — but I’m going to go ahead and venture a guess that he’s done for the rest of the playoffs.
In other injury news, Jordan Staal skated this morning in sweats as he tries to get comfortable after having surgery on a torn tendon in his foot. Coach Dan Bylsma maintains that Staal is still day-to-day and there’s a good chance he returns in the series against the Canadiens.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 3
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)