May 4, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports today that he has confirmed what everyone suspected: Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov has a torn ACL. Obviously the testing he was undergoing had to do with the MRI’s he was getting on his knee.
While we haven’t received exact confirmation as to his availability for the rest of the playoffs — and we certainly don’t want to jump the gun on anything — but I’m going to go ahead and venture a guess that he’s done for the rest of the playoffs.
In other injury news, Jordan Staal skated this morning in sweats as he tries to get comfortable after having surgery on a torn tendon in his foot. Coach Dan Bylsma maintains that Staal is still day-to-day and there’s a good chance he returns in the series against the Canadiens.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)