May 4, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports today that he has confirmed what everyone suspected: Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov has a torn ACL. Obviously the testing he was undergoing had to do with the MRI’s he was getting on his knee.
While we haven’t received exact confirmation as to his availability for the rest of the playoffs — and we certainly don’t want to jump the gun on anything — but I’m going to go ahead and venture a guess that he’s done for the rest of the playoffs.
In other injury news, Jordan Staal skated this morning in sweats as he tries to get comfortable after having surgery on a torn tendon in his foot. Coach Dan Bylsma maintains that Staal is still day-to-day and there’s a good chance he returns in the series against the Canadiens.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)