May 4, 2010, 12:45 PM EST
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports today that he has confirmed what everyone suspected: Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov has a torn ACL. Obviously the testing he was undergoing had to do with the MRI’s he was getting on his knee.
While we haven’t received exact confirmation as to his availability for the rest of the playoffs — and we certainly don’t want to jump the gun on anything — but I’m going to go ahead and venture a guess that he’s done for the rest of the playoffs.
In other injury news, Jordan Staal skated this morning in sweats as he tries to get comfortable after having surgery on a torn tendon in his foot. Coach Dan Bylsma maintains that Staal is still day-to-day and there’s a good chance he returns in the series against the Canadiens.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 0
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 12
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 45
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)