May 4, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports today that he has confirmed what everyone suspected: Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov has a torn ACL. Obviously the testing he was undergoing had to do with the MRI’s he was getting on his knee.
While we haven’t received exact confirmation as to his availability for the rest of the playoffs — and we certainly don’t want to jump the gun on anything — but I’m going to go ahead and venture a guess that he’s done for the rest of the playoffs.
In other injury news, Jordan Staal skated this morning in sweats as he tries to get comfortable after having surgery on a torn tendon in his foot. Coach Dan Bylsma maintains that Staal is still day-to-day and there’s a good chance he returns in the series against the Canadiens.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)