May 3, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Home team fans will often see a fan in an opposing team’s jersey and heckle them in good nature. In some places (*cough* Philadelphia *cough*), the nature of the ribbing might not be so good. Either way, violence is rarely the result of such jeering, but that was exactly the case in a recent incident, as reported by the Chicago Sun-Times.
Grant Rowe, 27, of West Haro Street in Vancouver, was arrested after Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs second-round series between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Vancouver Canucks Saturday night after allegedly punching a United Center security guard in the mouth on the Near West Side, police said.
Rowe was charged with misdemeanor battery after being arrested at 10:05 p.m. Saturday at 1901 W. Madison St., according to police.
Rowe was in a security office at the United Center getting a report for a separate incident when he became agitated for an unidentified reason and struck a male stadium security officer in the lip causing minor swelling, according to a police report.
Talk about a sore winner.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (138)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)