May 3, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Home team fans will often see a fan in an opposing team’s jersey and heckle them in good nature. In some places (*cough* Philadelphia *cough*), the nature of the ribbing might not be so good. Either way, violence is rarely the result of such jeering, but that was exactly the case in a recent incident, as reported by the Chicago Sun-Times.
Grant Rowe, 27, of West Haro Street in Vancouver, was arrested after Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs second-round series between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Vancouver Canucks Saturday night after allegedly punching a United Center security guard in the mouth on the Near West Side, police said.
Rowe was charged with misdemeanor battery after being arrested at 10:05 p.m. Saturday at 1901 W. Madison St., according to police.
Rowe was in a security office at the United Center getting a report for a separate incident when he became agitated for an unidentified reason and struck a male stadium security officer in the lip causing minor swelling, according to a police report.
Talk about a sore winner.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)