May 3, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Home team fans will often see a fan in an opposing team’s jersey and heckle them in good nature. In some places (*cough* Philadelphia *cough*), the nature of the ribbing might not be so good. Either way, violence is rarely the result of such jeering, but that was exactly the case in a recent incident, as reported by the Chicago Sun-Times.
Grant Rowe, 27, of West Haro Street in Vancouver, was arrested after Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs second-round series between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Vancouver Canucks Saturday night after allegedly punching a United Center security guard in the mouth on the Near West Side, police said.
Rowe was charged with misdemeanor battery after being arrested at 10:05 p.m. Saturday at 1901 W. Madison St., according to police.
Rowe was in a security office at the United Center getting a report for a separate incident when he became agitated for an unidentified reason and struck a male stadium security officer in the lip causing minor swelling, according to a police report.
Talk about a sore winner.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 2
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 25
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)