May 3, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Home team fans will often see a fan in an opposing team’s jersey and heckle them in good nature. In some places (*cough* Philadelphia *cough*), the nature of the ribbing might not be so good. Either way, violence is rarely the result of such jeering, but that was exactly the case in a recent incident, as reported by the Chicago Sun-Times.
Grant Rowe, 27, of West Haro Street in Vancouver, was arrested after Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs second-round series between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Vancouver Canucks Saturday night after allegedly punching a United Center security guard in the mouth on the Near West Side, police said.
Rowe was charged with misdemeanor battery after being arrested at 10:05 p.m. Saturday at 1901 W. Madison St., according to police.
Rowe was in a security office at the United Center getting a report for a separate incident when he became agitated for an unidentified reason and struck a male stadium security officer in the lip causing minor swelling, according to a police report.
Talk about a sore winner.
(H/T to Kukla’s Korner.)
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 19
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 39
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 75
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'