May 3, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
For some reason, the best saves of the night in my mind(and, also of the Sharks-Red Wings game in general) stuck out as glove saves. Perhaps that has a lot to do with the natural showmanship that comes with waving your hand and stopping those elusive top shelf chances.
Both Evgeni Nabokov and Jimmy Howard made some impressive “flashes of the leather” last night. I’ll start with Nabokov’s third period glove save because, contextually, it might have saved the game for the eventual winners in teal.
While Nabokov’s save helped the Sharks win, Jimmy Howard’s glove made quite a few appearances. On one save, he robbed Joe Pavelski of a hat trick. Here’s the one he made on Manny Malhotra early in the game.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9