May 3, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
For some reason, the best saves of the night in my mind(and, also of the Sharks-Red Wings game in general) stuck out as glove saves. Perhaps that has a lot to do with the natural showmanship that comes with waving your hand and stopping those elusive top shelf chances.
Both Evgeni Nabokov and Jimmy Howard made some impressive “flashes of the leather” last night. I’ll start with Nabokov’s third period glove save because, contextually, it might have saved the game for the eventual winners in teal.
While Nabokov’s save helped the Sharks win, Jimmy Howard’s glove made quite a few appearances. On one save, he robbed Joe Pavelski of a hat trick. Here’s the one he made on Manny Malhotra early in the game.
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 8
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 30
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (54)