May 3, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
For some reason, the best saves of the night in my mind(and, also of the Sharks-Red Wings game in general) stuck out as glove saves. Perhaps that has a lot to do with the natural showmanship that comes with waving your hand and stopping those elusive top shelf chances.
Both Evgeni Nabokov and Jimmy Howard made some impressive “flashes of the leather” last night. I’ll start with Nabokov’s third period glove save because, contextually, it might have saved the game for the eventual winners in teal.
While Nabokov’s save helped the Sharks win, Jimmy Howard’s glove made quite a few appearances. On one save, he robbed Joe Pavelski of a hat trick. Here’s the one he made on Manny Malhotra early in the game.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)