May 3, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch passes along today that highly-respected Nashville assistant Brent Peterson is not a candidate to be the next coach for the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Peterson was believed to be on GM Scott Howson’s short list, but an
NHL source confirmed to The Dispatch on Monday that Howson is not
interested and never sought permission to speak with him.
One day, Peterson will get the job he so rightly deserves. He’s been passes up before for NHL coaching jobs, yet there’s no doubt that after spending so long under Barry Trotz he would bring some great stability to whatever team eventually hires him.
There are still other coaching jobs available, yet we haven’t heard Peterson’s name attached to any of them.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 55
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming