May 3, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch passes along today that highly-respected Nashville assistant Brent Peterson is not a candidate to be the next coach for the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Peterson was believed to be on GM Scott Howson’s short list, but an
NHL source confirmed to The Dispatch on Monday that Howson is not
interested and never sought permission to speak with him.
One day, Peterson will get the job he so rightly deserves. He’s been passes up before for NHL coaching jobs, yet there’s no doubt that after spending so long under Barry Trotz he would bring some great stability to whatever team eventually hires him.
There are still other coaching jobs available, yet we haven’t heard Peterson’s name attached to any of them.
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 24
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)