May 3, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch passes along today that highly-respected Nashville assistant Brent Peterson is not a candidate to be the next coach for the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Peterson was believed to be on GM Scott Howson’s short list, but an
NHL source confirmed to The Dispatch on Monday that Howson is not
interested and never sought permission to speak with him.
One day, Peterson will get the job he so rightly deserves. He’s been passes up before for NHL coaching jobs, yet there’s no doubt that after spending so long under Barry Trotz he would bring some great stability to whatever team eventually hires him.
There are still other coaching jobs available, yet we haven’t heard Peterson’s name attached to any of them.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 4
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)