May 3, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch passes along today that highly-respected Nashville assistant Brent Peterson is not a candidate to be the next coach for the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Peterson was believed to be on GM Scott Howson’s short list, but an
NHL source confirmed to The Dispatch on Monday that Howson is not
interested and never sought permission to speak with him.
One day, Peterson will get the job he so rightly deserves. He’s been passes up before for NHL coaching jobs, yet there’s no doubt that after spending so long under Barry Trotz he would bring some great stability to whatever team eventually hires him.
There are still other coaching jobs available, yet we haven’t heard Peterson’s name attached to any of them.
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 14
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 19
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)