May 3, 2010, 7:15 PM EST
Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch passes along today that highly-respected Nashville assistant Brent Peterson is not a candidate to be the next coach for the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Peterson was believed to be on GM Scott Howson’s short list, but an
NHL source confirmed to The Dispatch on Monday that Howson is not
interested and never sought permission to speak with him.
One day, Peterson will get the job he so rightly deserves. He’s been passes up before for NHL coaching jobs, yet there’s no doubt that after spending so long under Barry Trotz he would bring some great stability to whatever team eventually hires him.
There are still other coaching jobs available, yet we haven’t heard Peterson’s name attached to any of them.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 17
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 55
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)