Crosby's frustration good sign for Habs

May 3, 2010, 10:00 PM EST

Crosby4.jpgBefore we go any further, it’s important to note that this post will
cover Sidney Crosby and his frustration with the lack of penalty calls
in yesterday’s loss the Montreal Canadiens. I know what kind of response
this might bring. It’s also important to note that while I don’t
completely agree with his actions or responses, I do agree that there
were some holds and interference that went uncalled.

Moving on.

One
thing that stood out from yesterday’s loss by the Penguins was seeing a
frustrated and unhappy Sidney Crosby repeatedly barking at the
officials while skating off the ice, at one point snapping his stick on
the goal post before tossing it away in anger.

Not exactly the
response you’d expect from the captain of the defending Stanley Cup
champions, and it certainly shows that Crosby has a ways to go before
he’s as great a leader as he’s sometimes made out to be. It also meant
that the Canadiens were doing one hell of a job defending him and that
perhaps the officials decided to let just a little too much go.

Still,
with Crosby held pointless and limited to just one shot on net you can
bargain that Montreal will go right back to the strategy that worked so
well. They key, says
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma
, is to just fight through it.

“You’ve got to fight through those situations and we know that and
expect that having watched this team, scouted this team and we expect
that to be how the games play out.”

Teammate Bill Guerin attributes Crosby’s obvious frustration to his
competitiveness and how emotional is he about the game. While that may
be true, yesterday’s game just adds fuel to the fire for those who love
to dislike Crosby.

1. Pens suck - May 3, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Now Crosby knows how it feels when the opposing teams get screwed by the refs. Boo-hoo……. Now maybe Crosby will just shut the hell up and play the game.

2. Derek - May 3, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Christ, what is like 3 bad comments your breaking point to put an intro in like that? Grow a sac

3. Rob - May 4, 2010 at 6:06 AM

Brandon, I called you out yesterday. Didn’t receive an email from you. You’re a sac of shit. You’re like Mike Florio. Crosby is the greatest player in the world. And, you’re making fun of him? When it comes to classs and top athletes, Crosby is one of the good guys. And, here you are fanning the “whiner” thing. It’s called good leadship, you dumb@$$.
    Anyway, I know you have access to my email. Drop me a line if you have the balls to fight me in a parking lot someplace. Since you make more money than I do for doing pretty much nothing, it’s my call. I pick the place and time.
    Brandon, you are the real sissy. Email me, jerk!

4. JF - May 4, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Ahh the poster child for the NHL doesnt get every single call and he reverts back the Crysby we all know he really is. He is a great skill/finesse player but he can’t handle getting roughed up. I hope Halak stands on his head for another week or two and they Habs stay physical with Crosby and send those cheap shot cry babies home.

5. Rob - May 4, 2010 at 8:20 AM

JF? Go suck your mother’s pussy.

6. #1Pens Fan - May 4, 2010 at 8:22 AM

I love all of the Pens hate on this site, it only makes me laugh. Anyone who has the balls to hate on Sid must not watch much hockey because he is the best player skating today. Everyone balks at no calls, and penalties during any given game but because you must be a Caps fan Brandon you feal the need to write a couple paragraphs of nonsense, and try to call him a cry-baby, so you can try to justify keeping your pathetic excuse for a job. Go finish blowing Ovie you chump!!!

7. Celine Dion - May 4, 2010 at 8:42 AM

wah wah wah wah wah wah wah [yell at refs] wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah [hit someone in the back of the head after play is over] wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah [cross-check someone in the back] wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah [break stick across Halak] wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah
    very classy

8. Anonymous - May 4, 2010 at 9:45 AM

you are retarded

9. Rob - May 4, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Celine Dion? HA! What a joke. The Canadian bitch can’t sing worth shit. The shrieking sound is worse than nails going down a chalkboard. Froggy bastards.
    And, Brandon? I’m waiting for you, chump. Crosby will always be better than Cherry pickin’ one-note hockey player, Ovechkin.

10. Mark - May 4, 2010 at 10:01 AM

You can’t write this article when its so obvious you don’t like Crosby. Maybe re-read your articles before you submit them too.

11. Rob - May 4, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Oh, Brandon?…come out. Where are you? I want to fight you. Email me, @$$wipe.

12. Rob is Pathetic - May 4, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Rob, I understand that being from Pittsburgh, you are most likely unemployed. However, I suggest you find a better use of your time than challenging bloggers to fights all day.

13. jack - May 4, 2010 at 10:55 AM

See? The Pens fans get awful touchy when you talk about their team, too. Not just Wings fans.
    Anyway, I’m still of the opinion that Crosby (while a great player) is not mature enough to wear a C.

14. Rob - May 4, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Go blow yourself, punks. I am at work right how. Successful family business. I am my own boss and can do what I want and can beat up who I want. That includes you. That includes Brandon. What? He’s a blogger so that makes him immune from fighting people?
    Not mature enough to wear a C? He lead the Pens to back-to-back Stanley Cups and one win. What else do you want from a captain, you sack of shit?

15. PGHchris - May 4, 2010 at 11:09 AM

“…and it certainly shows that Crosby has a ways to go before he’s as great a leader as he’s sometimes made out to be.”
    Yeah maybe he should win MORE scoring titles, ANOTHER Gold medal and ANOTHER Stanley Cup before we take him seriously. Who does he think he is? Talking to the refs (as a captain, remember?) when they blow multiple calls in the playoffs..what a jerk!
    “Ahh the poster child for the NHL doesnt get every single call and he reverts back the Crysby we all know he really is. He is a great skill/finesse player but he can’t handle getting roughed up”
    The reason he gets so many calls is because he DRAWS the penalties by overwhelming players with his superior skill and athletic ability. He wasn’t complaining because someone hit him..he was complaining because the stripes blew two obvious interference calls for his teamates (Subban holding Guerin and Gill holding the stick of Dupuis) when he broke his stick off the cage, not Halak. He continued to complain when minutes later Orpik took a phantom holding penalty behind the net. If the refs were letting calls go for BOTH teams, he wouldn’t have said a word. And as for “getting roughed up”..I guess you missed when he bullied 6’7″ Hal Gill infront of the benches.
    I don’t even understand how people can still deny that he alone is the best player in the world…Stop hating and kiss the ring B*tch…or the Gold Medal.

16. Rob - May 4, 2010 at 11:18 AM

I’m not even going to bother sniping with the Penguin haters on this board anymore.
    I’m going to go sit by my email and wait for this Brandon cock to accept my challenge to fight.
    And, by the way NBC, Mike Floria eats ASS!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Rob's Daddy - May 4, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Who won the Conn Smythe last year? Who won the Most Valuable Player of the Olympics? Surely it was Crosby, since he was on the winning team of both of these tournaments, correct? Oh yeah thats right, he won neither. If that doesn’t say it all.
    Crosby is a great player but he has been blessed with great teams with great goal tending and solid defense, not to mention a top 5 winger, you know the one who was the conn smythe winner when they won the cup. As for the olympics, that is not a valid argument for winning anything, Canadians makes up 55% of the nhl, so they are supposed to win, thats not an accomplishment.
    Put OV on the Pens and Team Canad he has 2 rings on his way to a three peat with a gold medal to boot.

18. Wyosig - May 4, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Really? Top 5 winger? Who might that be? He has played with no great winger so far (except Hossa, who was there for like 25 or so games). Ovchokin has an extreme wealth of talent around him and has won dick (ie. Semin, Backstrom, the all star team that was Russia in the last Olympics). Crosby has willed the Penguins to win during his tenure in Pittsburgh so far and will continue to do so because he is the best player in the league and far superior than that piece of cheap shotting trash in Washington

19. Rob is Inbred - May 4, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Inbreeding doesn’t count as a “family business,” regardless of how successful you may be at it. Also, did you know that this fancy thing called the Internet can be accessed from anywhere in the world? Or did you think every person writing articles or comments was actually right in Pittsburgh, ready to meet up with you at any point in time for a fight?

20. robs daddy - May 4, 2010 at 3:19 PM

I misspoke actually, I guess since the pens are ALWAYS on the power play I was thinking he played the wing, Malkin did lead the league in points last year and won the conn smythe, so top 5 player is a better statement. Either way I think you would be hard pressed to find a person who is so obviously the best player in the world yet doesnt win the MVP of the Playoffs or Olympics when his team wins both. FYI Backstrom is from Finland and there are only 35 russian players in the NHL as appose to 550 or so Canadians. I’ll put my money on the allstar team picked from 550 over that one from 35, but maybe thats just me.

21. Wyosig - May 4, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I meant to illustrate my point of Ovchokin’s talent level surrounding him as two seperate entities. One being his NHL team (Backstrom, Semin (both of who are on his line), and I forgot to list Green (who is on the ice with him frequently)) and the other being the highly touted Russian Olympic team that was almost guaranteed to medal if not win entirely. It was easier for Malkin to win the Smythe last year since Crosby was seeing every teams shutdown line and defensive pairing. Crosby does everything that Ovie does all the while mostly being surrounded by vastly inferior talent. This year if the Penguins end up winning I will be highly suprised if Crosby doesn’t win the Smythe.

Holiday wish lists for NHL teams
Top 10 NHL Player Searches