May 3, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
Before we go any further, it’s important to note that this post will
cover Sidney Crosby and his frustration with the lack of penalty calls
in yesterday’s loss the Montreal Canadiens. I know what kind of response
this might bring. It’s also important to note that while I don’t
completely agree with his actions or responses, I do agree that there
were some holds and interference that went uncalled.
thing that stood out from yesterday’s loss by the Penguins was seeing a
frustrated and unhappy Sidney Crosby repeatedly barking at the
officials while skating off the ice, at one point snapping his stick on
the goal post before tossing it away in anger.
Not exactly the
response you’d expect from the captain of the defending Stanley Cup
champions, and it certainly shows that Crosby has a ways to go before
he’s as great a leader as he’s sometimes made out to be. It also meant
that the Canadiens were doing one hell of a job defending him and that
perhaps the officials decided to let just a little too much go.
with Crosby held pointless and limited to just one shot on net you can
bargain that Montreal will go right back to the strategy that worked so
well. They key, says
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma, is to just fight through it.
“You’ve got to fight through those situations and we know that and
expect that having watched this team, scouted this team and we expect
that to be how the games play out.”
Teammate Bill Guerin attributes Crosby’s obvious frustration to his
competitiveness and how emotional is he about the game. While that may
be true, yesterday’s game just adds fuel to the fire for those who love
to dislike Crosby.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5