May 3, 2010, 2:15 PM EDT
While Jaroslav Halak seemed to find his Superman cape again yesterday against Pittsburgh, there’s little doubt that the Montreal Canadiens would love to get their best defenseman Andrei Markov back as soon as possible. The talented blueliner suffered an injury from a Matt Cooke hit in Game 1 and Sportsnet.ca reports that he’ll continue to undergo testing on his “lower body” injury.
The Montreal Canadiens announced Monday that defenceman Andrei Markov will undergo more testing to re-evaluate his “lower body” injury.
Markov was hurt in Game 1 of the team’s Eastern Conference semi-final series against the Pittsburgh Penguins. He returned to Montreal immediately following the game and was listed as out indefinitely.
Markov’s season already was plagued by injuries as he missed 35 games with a lacerated foot. When healthy, Markov is among the league’s best point producing defensemen and is a bit underrated overall. Despite the rave reviews that rookie P.K. Subban, Hal Gill and Josh Gorges are receiving, the Canadiens are still depending heavily on Halak. Getting Markov back would greatly enhance the Habs’ giant-killing potential.
We’ll let you know more about Markov’s situation as news trickles in.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4