May 2, 2010, 3:52 PM EDT
Game 2, End of 2: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Montreal Canadiens
Penguins win series 1-0
In the first period, it felt as though the Penguins might be playing with fire. While dominating the play on the ice in the first period, they failed to cash in on several early chances and allowed the Habs to tie the game late in the first.
In the second period, the Canadiens were able to use that momentum and settle into the style of play that was so successful against the Capitals in round one. The Habs were harder along the boards, winning puck battles and much more aggressive on offense and on defense look to be right back to normal.
The Canadiens are keeping the Penguins along the perimeter, not allowing them to get interior position and certainly not allowing any big passes across the ice. The Pens managed 18 shots on goal in the 2nd, yet the chances weren’t as good as they were in Game 1.
Remind anyone of Habs and Capitals?
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 4
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 17
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 35
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 69
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 28
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte
- Play Video: Highlights: Kings beat Sharks, take series lead
- Play Video: Brown takes out goalie Niemi
- Play Video: Demers commits reckless penalty
- Play Video: Demers slashes Doughty, but no call made
- Play Video: Niemi robs Carter to preserve tie
- Play Video: Highlights: Wings take 3-1 series lead over 'Hawks