May 2, 2010, 3:52 PM EDT
Game 2, End of 2: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Montreal Canadiens
Penguins win series 1-0
In the first period, it felt as though the Penguins might be playing with fire. While dominating the play on the ice in the first period, they failed to cash in on several early chances and allowed the Habs to tie the game late in the first.
In the second period, the Canadiens were able to use that momentum and settle into the style of play that was so successful against the Capitals in round one. The Habs were harder along the boards, winning puck battles and much more aggressive on offense and on defense look to be right back to normal.
The Canadiens are keeping the Penguins along the perimeter, not allowing them to get interior position and certainly not allowing any big passes across the ice. The Pens managed 18 shots on goal in the 2nd, yet the chances weren’t as good as they were in Game 1.
Remind anyone of Habs and Capitals?
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 0
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 9
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 17
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)