May 2, 2010, 3:52 PM EDT
Game 2, End of 2: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Montreal Canadiens
Penguins win series 1-0
In the first period, it felt as though the Penguins might be playing with fire. While dominating the play on the ice in the first period, they failed to cash in on several early chances and allowed the Habs to tie the game late in the first.
In the second period, the Canadiens were able to use that momentum and settle into the style of play that was so successful against the Capitals in round one. The Habs were harder along the boards, winning puck battles and much more aggressive on offense and on defense look to be right back to normal.
The Canadiens are keeping the Penguins along the perimeter, not allowing them to get interior position and certainly not allowing any big passes across the ice. The Pens managed 18 shots on goal in the 2nd, yet the chances weren’t as good as they were in Game 1.
Remind anyone of Habs and Capitals?
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 27
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 23
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 20
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22