May 2, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
We don’t have another Jordan Staal situation on our hands, as last night’s reports that Marco Sturm is out for the playoffs have been verified by the Bruins coach Claude Julien. Per the team’s Twitter page:
“Marco (Sturm) suffered a knee injury that will keep him out the rest of the year.”
While the actual injury hasn’t been revealed by the team, it appears that Sturm suffered a torn ACL in his right knee. The team states that it is unclear whether Sturm needs surgery or not.
It’s unfortunate, as yet another random and innocent looking play results in a severe injury. Sturm finished off what looked to be just another normal check, when his leg whipped around a bit.
The way he immediately went down and had to be helped off the ice showed what was likely to be knee injury, although no one could have guessed it would have been this bad.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 7
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 59
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 4
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 8
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36