May 2, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
We don’t have another Jordan Staal situation on our hands, as last night’s reports that Marco Sturm is out for the playoffs have been verified by the Bruins coach Claude Julien. Per the team’s Twitter page:
“Marco (Sturm) suffered a knee injury that will keep him out the rest of the year.”
While the actual injury hasn’t been revealed by the team, it appears that Sturm suffered a torn ACL in his right knee. The team states that it is unclear whether Sturm needs surgery or not.
It’s unfortunate, as yet another random and innocent looking play results in a severe injury. Sturm finished off what looked to be just another normal check, when his leg whipped around a bit.
The way he immediately went down and had to be helped off the ice showed what was likely to be knee injury, although no one could have guessed it would have been this bad.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 7
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54