May 2, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
We don’t have another Jordan Staal situation on our hands, as last night’s reports that Marco Sturm is out for the playoffs have been verified by the Bruins coach Claude Julien. Per the team’s Twitter page:
“Marco (Sturm) suffered a knee injury that will keep him out the rest of the year.”
While the actual injury hasn’t been revealed by the team, it appears that Sturm suffered a torn ACL in his right knee. The team states that it is unclear whether Sturm needs surgery or not.
It’s unfortunate, as yet another random and innocent looking play results in a severe injury. Sturm finished off what looked to be just another normal check, when his leg whipped around a bit.
The way he immediately went down and had to be helped off the ice showed what was likely to be knee injury, although no one could have guessed it would have been this bad.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)