May 1, 2010, 7:10 PM EST
For hockey nerds like myself, it doesn’t get much better than Canucks versus Blackhawks. These teams are loaded with talent (Vancouver has those supremely bizarre Sedin twins! Chicago has Kane, Toews, Keith and Hossa!), but what really makes this series fascinating is the fact that the they truly hate each other.
To get you revved up for what might be the best series of the playoffs, here’s a look at what the newspapers and bloggers are saying about the two teams.
What Vancouver bloggers/papers are saying
Nucks Misconduct’s Game 1 preview is just full of goodies. My personal highlight is the side-by-side photos of Alex Burrows doing a bow-and-arrow goal with WWE wrestler Tatanka. (Tatanka was a Native American character and one of many examples of professional wrestling’s affection for broad ethnic stereotypes … and face paint).
Dani Toth also shares a nice Game 1 preview.
The Vancouver Province features three stories of note. First, the Blackhawks believe they can contain the Sedins. Secondly, the Canucks will need to shoot high against Antti Niemi. Finally, Roberto Luongo claims that he isn’t scared of the United Center, even though it’s been a house of horrors for the star goalie the last couple years.
Also check out the Vancouver Sun’s series preview.
What Chicago bloggers/papers are saying
Roberto Luongo isn’t bothered by the idea of having Dustin Byfuglien’s butt in his face for 4-7 games. Well, at least he claims that Byfuglien’s rear placement isn’t something unusual.
Finally, Jonathan Toews has no hard feelings toward Willie Mitchell. Why are people asking about their feelings toward each other? Check out the video from Mitchell’s brutal (but clean) hit from earlier this season.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)