May 1, 2010, 11:15 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins are just asking themselves for “bruise” related pun headlines. This afternoon, they saw Marc Savard – a guy who missed two months with concussion issues – score a game-winning overtime goal. With the way their season is going, it almost makes sense that they are dealing with another injury problem. The team will be without one of its few scoring wingers for the rest of the playoffs, as NESN reports that Marco Sturm is done for the year.
Sturm exited the Bruins’ 5-4 overtime victory against the Flyers in the first period after attempting a hit on Flyers’ defenseman Matt Carle on the boards.
Sturm went to the ice just 21 seconds into the game and could not get to his feet unassisted. He remained on one knee for a minute before a whistle stopped play. A trainer then came and helped him off the field, with Sturm favoring his right leg.
One important thing to note is that the Bruins have not yet confirmed this report. Still, Sturm is a very injury-prone forward so I wouldn’t be shocked if the news was dead-on. That being said, if it turns out that this report was inaccurate, we’ll let you know that Sturm might have a “lower body injury” and thus will only be day-to-day.
Oh, NHL teams, you are a bunch of rascals when it comes to injury reports.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)