May 1, 2010, 11:15 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins are just asking themselves for “bruise” related pun headlines. This afternoon, they saw Marc Savard – a guy who missed two months with concussion issues – score a game-winning overtime goal. With the way their season is going, it almost makes sense that they are dealing with another injury problem. The team will be without one of its few scoring wingers for the rest of the playoffs, as NESN reports that Marco Sturm is done for the year.
Sturm exited the Bruins’ 5-4 overtime victory against the Flyers in the first period after attempting a hit on Flyers’ defenseman Matt Carle on the boards.
Sturm went to the ice just 21 seconds into the game and could not get to his feet unassisted. He remained on one knee for a minute before a whistle stopped play. A trainer then came and helped him off the field, with Sturm favoring his right leg.
One important thing to note is that the Bruins have not yet confirmed this report. Still, Sturm is a very injury-prone forward so I wouldn’t be shocked if the news was dead-on. That being said, if it turns out that this report was inaccurate, we’ll let you know that Sturm might have a “lower body injury” and thus will only be day-to-day.
Oh, NHL teams, you are a bunch of rascals when it comes to injury reports.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 11
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)