May 1, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
to Joe Sullivan of the Bruins Blog, we have a transcript of Marc
Savard’s post-game press conference.
Just an instant before
Savard’s big game-winning slapshot, I was remarking that we hadn’t seen
much of the returning hero in the third period and especially not in
overtime, when the energy of the game was incredibly intensified.
Claude Julien was able to get him out on the ice, and Savard used the
opportunity to take a big swing at a bouncing puck, hitting it so hard
just as it hit the ice that Brian Boucher never had a chance to even
react to the shot. After the game, Savard gave Dennis Wideman credit for
getting him the puck.
“Wids made a nice pinch and kept it alive, I was just
thinking as soon as this thing lands, I’m shooting it.”
why not get a shot here and it (the puck) just landed perfectly. I just
clipped it perfect.”
He also said that he wanted to
test out his head by getting in some hits early on, and that Chris
Pronger was more than happy to oblige.
took me out a couple of times and tested my head out for
me, that was nice of him.”
He also said that he got
a bit teary eyed as he hit the ice to a rousing ovation in front of the
home crowd, and that he meant to throw his stick into the stands as a
gift to the fans. They ended up throwing it back.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)