May 1, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
to Joe Sullivan of the Bruins Blog, we have a transcript of Marc
Savard’s post-game press conference.
Just an instant before
Savard’s big game-winning slapshot, I was remarking that we hadn’t seen
much of the returning hero in the third period and especially not in
overtime, when the energy of the game was incredibly intensified.
Claude Julien was able to get him out on the ice, and Savard used the
opportunity to take a big swing at a bouncing puck, hitting it so hard
just as it hit the ice that Brian Boucher never had a chance to even
react to the shot. After the game, Savard gave Dennis Wideman credit for
getting him the puck.
“Wids made a nice pinch and kept it alive, I was just
thinking as soon as this thing lands, I’m shooting it.”
why not get a shot here and it (the puck) just landed perfectly. I just
clipped it perfect.”
He also said that he wanted to
test out his head by getting in some hits early on, and that Chris
Pronger was more than happy to oblige.
took me out a couple of times and tested my head out for
me, that was nice of him.”
He also said that he got
a bit teary eyed as he hit the ice to a rousing ovation in front of the
home crowd, and that he meant to throw his stick into the stands as a
gift to the fans. They ended up throwing it back.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)