May 1, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
to Joe Sullivan of the Bruins Blog, we have a transcript of Marc
Savard’s post-game press conference.
Just an instant before
Savard’s big game-winning slapshot, I was remarking that we hadn’t seen
much of the returning hero in the third period and especially not in
overtime, when the energy of the game was incredibly intensified.
Claude Julien was able to get him out on the ice, and Savard used the
opportunity to take a big swing at a bouncing puck, hitting it so hard
just as it hit the ice that Brian Boucher never had a chance to even
react to the shot. After the game, Savard gave Dennis Wideman credit for
getting him the puck.
“Wids made a nice pinch and kept it alive, I was just
thinking as soon as this thing lands, I’m shooting it.”
why not get a shot here and it (the puck) just landed perfectly. I just
clipped it perfect.”
He also said that he wanted to
test out his head by getting in some hits early on, and that Chris
Pronger was more than happy to oblige.
took me out a couple of times and tested my head out for
me, that was nice of him.”
He also said that he got
a bit teary eyed as he hit the ice to a rousing ovation in front of the
home crowd, and that he meant to throw his stick into the stands as a
gift to the fans. They ended up throwing it back.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)