May 1, 2010, 5:45 PM EST
to Joe Sullivan of the Bruins Blog, we have a transcript of Marc
Savard’s post-game press conference.
Just an instant before
Savard’s big game-winning slapshot, I was remarking that we hadn’t seen
much of the returning hero in the third period and especially not in
overtime, when the energy of the game was incredibly intensified.
Claude Julien was able to get him out on the ice, and Savard used the
opportunity to take a big swing at a bouncing puck, hitting it so hard
just as it hit the ice that Brian Boucher never had a chance to even
react to the shot. After the game, Savard gave Dennis Wideman credit for
getting him the puck.
“Wids made a nice pinch and kept it alive, I was just
thinking as soon as this thing lands, I’m shooting it.”
why not get a shot here and it (the puck) just landed perfectly. I just
clipped it perfect.”
He also said that he wanted to
test out his head by getting in some hits early on, and that Chris
Pronger was more than happy to oblige.
took me out a couple of times and tested my head out for
me, that was nice of him.”
He also said that he got
a bit teary eyed as he hit the ice to a rousing ovation in front of the
home crowd, and that he meant to throw his stick into the stands as a
gift to the fans. They ended up throwing it back.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)