May 1, 2010, 12:11 PM EDT
It looks like our initial report that Jordan Staal was out for the playoffs after surgery on a severed tendon in his foot was a bit premature. We based the post on several reports from the Canadian media, including TSN and RDS. It appears someone jumped the gun and we apologize for any misleading information.
In any case, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma told the media today that Jordan Staal has not been ruled out of the playoffs and there is a chance he could return for the next round, if not sooner. It seems that hearing “surgery”, “foot” and “severed tendon” led to some assumptions that all three equaled a lost season for Staal.
While not having Staal on the team in the short term hurts, the prospect of having him back soon has to be uplifting for the team and the Penguins fans. It also seems that the players were a bit shocked this morning when asked about having Staal out for the playoffs, as they were told he could be back.
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 59
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 58
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 164
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (164)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)