May 1, 2010, 12:11 PM EST
It looks like our initial report that Jordan Staal was out for the playoffs after surgery on a severed tendon in his foot was a bit premature. We based the post on several reports from the Canadian media, including TSN and RDS. It appears someone jumped the gun and we apologize for any misleading information.
In any case, Penguins coach Dan Bylsma told the media today that Jordan Staal has not been ruled out of the playoffs and there is a chance he could return for the next round, if not sooner. It seems that hearing “surgery”, “foot” and “severed tendon” led to some assumptions that all three equaled a lost season for Staal.
While not having Staal on the team in the short term hurts, the prospect of having him back soon has to be uplifting for the team and the Penguins fans. It also seems that the players were a bit shocked this morning when asked about having Staal out for the playoffs, as they were told he could be back.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)