May 1, 2010, 1:37 PM EDT
It’s amazing what a 15 minute break and stern tongue lashing can do to a team’s energy and execution. Maybe it just took 20 minutes for the Flyers to wake up. Whatever happened, the Flyers played a much more complete period in the 2nd as they were able to close a two-goal deficit twice in the first period.
There was some slight ‘controversy’ on the Bruins’ lone goal of the period, when the Flyers complained that Michael Ryder set a pick that prevented Blair Betts from getting to a spot to negate the shot. Watching the replay, it was just a case of two players colliding and far from an obvious period.
The Flyers played an aggressive game in the second period and it paid off, as the Bruins started a parade to the penalty box. The Flyers used the opportunity to score two power play goals and grab the momentum heading into the third period.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 55
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming