May 1, 2010, 1:37 PM EDT
It’s amazing what a 15 minute break and stern tongue lashing can do to a team’s energy and execution. Maybe it just took 20 minutes for the Flyers to wake up. Whatever happened, the Flyers played a much more complete period in the 2nd as they were able to close a two-goal deficit twice in the first period.
There was some slight ‘controversy’ on the Bruins’ lone goal of the period, when the Flyers complained that Michael Ryder set a pick that prevented Blair Betts from getting to a spot to negate the shot. Watching the replay, it was just a case of two players colliding and far from an obvious period.
The Flyers played an aggressive game in the second period and it paid off, as the Bruins started a parade to the penalty box. The Flyers used the opportunity to score two power play goals and grab the momentum heading into the third period.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)