May 1, 2010, 1:37 PM EDT
It’s amazing what a 15 minute break and stern tongue lashing can do to a team’s energy and execution. Maybe it just took 20 minutes for the Flyers to wake up. Whatever happened, the Flyers played a much more complete period in the 2nd as they were able to close a two-goal deficit twice in the first period.
There was some slight ‘controversy’ on the Bruins’ lone goal of the period, when the Flyers complained that Michael Ryder set a pick that prevented Blair Betts from getting to a spot to negate the shot. Watching the replay, it was just a case of two players colliding and far from an obvious period.
The Flyers played an aggressive game in the second period and it paid off, as the Bruins started a parade to the penalty box. The Flyers used the opportunity to score two power play goals and grab the momentum heading into the third period.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25