May 1, 2010, 1:37 PM EDT
It’s amazing what a 15 minute break and stern tongue lashing can do to a team’s energy and execution. Maybe it just took 20 minutes for the Flyers to wake up. Whatever happened, the Flyers played a much more complete period in the 2nd as they were able to close a two-goal deficit twice in the first period.
There was some slight ‘controversy’ on the Bruins’ lone goal of the period, when the Flyers complained that Michael Ryder set a pick that prevented Blair Betts from getting to a spot to negate the shot. Watching the replay, it was just a case of two players colliding and far from an obvious period.
The Flyers played an aggressive game in the second period and it paid off, as the Bruins started a parade to the penalty box. The Flyers used the opportunity to score two power play goals and grab the momentum heading into the third period.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)