May 1, 2010, 1:37 PM EST
It’s amazing what a 15 minute break and stern tongue lashing can do to a team’s energy and execution. Maybe it just took 20 minutes for the Flyers to wake up. Whatever happened, the Flyers played a much more complete period in the 2nd as they were able to close a two-goal deficit twice in the first period.
There was some slight ‘controversy’ on the Bruins’ lone goal of the period, when the Flyers complained that Michael Ryder set a pick that prevented Blair Betts from getting to a spot to negate the shot. Watching the replay, it was just a case of two players colliding and far from an obvious period.
The Flyers played an aggressive game in the second period and it paid off, as the Bruins started a parade to the penalty box. The Flyers used the opportunity to score two power play goals and grab the momentum heading into the third period.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 26
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)