May 1, 2010, 1:16 PM EDT
Perhaps the Flyers benefited more from a poor performance by the New Jersey Devils, rather than actually forcing the Devils into some bad play. After 20 minutes, the Boston Bruins are doing everything that the Devils failed to do in the first round, crashing the net and causing all sorts of chaos for the Flyers’ defense.
More importantly, they’ve been able to amp up the pace of the game to a level the Flyers are not anywhere comfortable to playing. Philly is at their best when the can use their forecheck and physicality to create chances, not skating up and down the ice trying to score off the rush.
Tuukka Rask has started knitting some socks in net, as he’s yet to be truly tested by the Flyers who seem content to just idly fire pucks from around 20 feet and then skate away.I can’t believe I’m typing this, but the only reason this game isn’t completely out of hand for the Flyers is the play of Brian Boucher — he’s made a number of big saves already.
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 0
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 34
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 15
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (59)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)