May 1, 2010, 1:16 PM EDT
Perhaps the Flyers benefited more from a poor performance by the New Jersey Devils, rather than actually forcing the Devils into some bad play. After 20 minutes, the Boston Bruins are doing everything that the Devils failed to do in the first round, crashing the net and causing all sorts of chaos for the Flyers’ defense.
More importantly, they’ve been able to amp up the pace of the game to a level the Flyers are not anywhere comfortable to playing. Philly is at their best when the can use their forecheck and physicality to create chances, not skating up and down the ice trying to score off the rush.
Tuukka Rask has started knitting some socks in net, as he’s yet to be truly tested by the Flyers who seem content to just idly fire pucks from around 20 feet and then skate away.I can’t believe I’m typing this, but the only reason this game isn’t completely out of hand for the Flyers is the play of Brian Boucher — he’s made a number of big saves already.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)