May 1, 2010, 1:16 PM EST
Perhaps the Flyers benefited more from a poor performance by the New Jersey Devils, rather than actually forcing the Devils into some bad play. After 20 minutes, the Boston Bruins are doing everything that the Devils failed to do in the first round, crashing the net and causing all sorts of chaos for the Flyers’ defense.
More importantly, they’ve been able to amp up the pace of the game to a level the Flyers are not anywhere comfortable to playing. Philly is at their best when the can use their forecheck and physicality to create chances, not skating up and down the ice trying to score off the rush.
Tuukka Rask has started knitting some socks in net, as he’s yet to be truly tested by the Flyers who seem content to just idly fire pucks from around 20 feet and then skate away.I can’t believe I’m typing this, but the only reason this game isn’t completely out of hand for the Flyers is the play of Brian Boucher — he’s made a number of big saves already.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54