May 1, 2010, 1:16 PM EST
Perhaps the Flyers benefited more from a poor performance by the New Jersey Devils, rather than actually forcing the Devils into some bad play. After 20 minutes, the Boston Bruins are doing everything that the Devils failed to do in the first round, crashing the net and causing all sorts of chaos for the Flyers’ defense.
More importantly, they’ve been able to amp up the pace of the game to a level the Flyers are not anywhere comfortable to playing. Philly is at their best when the can use their forecheck and physicality to create chances, not skating up and down the ice trying to score off the rush.
Tuukka Rask has started knitting some socks in net, as he’s yet to be truly tested by the Flyers who seem content to just idly fire pucks from around 20 feet and then skate away.I can’t believe I’m typing this, but the only reason this game isn’t completely out of hand for the Flyers is the play of Brian Boucher — he’s made a number of big saves already.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 3
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 93
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 31
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (99)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)