Apr 30, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
This might not be the most amazing goal, but it could end up being enormous for Joe Thornton and Dany Heatley. It’s possible that folks could bristle at the fact that Jumbo Joe set up one of his “typical” assists (it was pure pretty passing; Thornton simply got a little room and did what he does best: making a pass before anyone else could even hope to defend him).
Really, though, that’s almost the point. Thornton said up a goal his way and that might make all the difference. While Joe Pavelski was the true star of the night, the Sharks need the big guns to produce, so this tally must have elicited a big sigh of relief.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40