Apr 30, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
This might not be the most amazing goal, but it could end up being enormous for Joe Thornton and Dany Heatley. It’s possible that folks could bristle at the fact that Jumbo Joe set up one of his “typical” assists (it was pure pretty passing; Thornton simply got a little room and did what he does best: making a pass before anyone else could even hope to defend him).
Really, though, that’s almost the point. Thornton said up a goal his way and that might make all the difference. While Joe Pavelski was the true star of the night, the Sharks need the big guns to produce, so this tally must have elicited a big sigh of relief.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4