Apr 30, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
This might not be the most amazing goal, but it could end up being enormous for Joe Thornton and Dany Heatley. It’s possible that folks could bristle at the fact that Jumbo Joe set up one of his “typical” assists (it was pure pretty passing; Thornton simply got a little room and did what he does best: making a pass before anyone else could even hope to defend him).
Really, though, that’s almost the point. Thornton said up a goal his way and that might make all the difference. While Joe Pavelski was the true star of the night, the Sharks need the big guns to produce, so this tally must have elicited a big sigh of relief.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 2
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 2
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8