Apr 30, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
So let’s take a gander at how some of the most noteworthy free-agents-to-be fared up to this point. Obviously, for players on half the teams, they won’t get another chance to show off their skills. I’ll begin with the West in this post and then discuss the East later on. This might not be a comprehensive list, so apologies if your favorite pending free agent is left out.
Joe Pavelski – 11 points/becoming the Sharks’ American hero.
Evgeni Nabokov – a 1.93 GAA and 91.9% save percentage. Not bad at all.
Devin Setoguchi – 7 points in 7 games played. Not bad, either.
Patrick Marleau – 3 points. Not so good.
Peter Mueller’s concussion issues kept him from making an impact, but Chris Stewart and Kyle Quincey were solid in the playoffs.
Antti Niemi – probably pricing himself out of Chicago with a fabulous (92.1 save percentage) playoff run so far.
Patric Hornqvist had health problems so he gets an “Incomplete” while Dan Hamhuis had quite the checkered post-season, most notably being the victim of what should have been a more beneficial boarding penalty from Marian Hossa …
Pavol Demitra’s been nicely productive (5 points) but Willie Mitchell has been injured.
Alex Frolov produced a decent (1 goal, 3 assists) but unspectacular post-season. It seems likely that he’ll be wearing a different sweater next year.
Lee Stempniak – a rough playoffs with just 2 points and a -4 rating.
Wojtek Wolski – The team’s second leading scorer with 5 points, including 4 goals.
Nicklas Lidstrom – 6 points in 8 games for the superhuman Swede.
Todd Bertuzzi – 5 points for the surprisingly effective brute.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22