Apr 30, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
So let’s take a gander at how some of the most noteworthy free-agents-to-be fared up to this point. Obviously, for players on half the teams, they won’t get another chance to show off their skills. I’ll begin with the West in this post and then discuss the East later on. This might not be a comprehensive list, so apologies if your favorite pending free agent is left out.
Joe Pavelski – 11 points/becoming the Sharks’ American hero.
Evgeni Nabokov – a 1.93 GAA and 91.9% save percentage. Not bad at all.
Devin Setoguchi – 7 points in 7 games played. Not bad, either.
Patrick Marleau – 3 points. Not so good.
Peter Mueller’s concussion issues kept him from making an impact, but Chris Stewart and Kyle Quincey were solid in the playoffs.
Antti Niemi – probably pricing himself out of Chicago with a fabulous (92.1 save percentage) playoff run so far.
Patric Hornqvist had health problems so he gets an “Incomplete” while Dan Hamhuis had quite the checkered post-season, most notably being the victim of what should have been a more beneficial boarding penalty from Marian Hossa …
Pavol Demitra’s been nicely productive (5 points) but Willie Mitchell has been injured.
Alex Frolov produced a decent (1 goal, 3 assists) but unspectacular post-season. It seems likely that he’ll be wearing a different sweater next year.
Lee Stempniak – a rough playoffs with just 2 points and a -4 rating.
Wojtek Wolski – The team’s second leading scorer with 5 points, including 4 goals.
Nicklas Lidstrom – 6 points in 8 games for the superhuman Swede.
Todd Bertuzzi – 5 points for the surprisingly effective brute.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)