Apr 30, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
So let’s take a gander at how some of the most noteworthy free-agents-to-be fared up to this point. Obviously, for players on half the teams, they won’t get another chance to show off their skills. I’ll begin with the West in this post and then discuss the East later on. This might not be a comprehensive list, so apologies if your favorite pending free agent is left out.
Joe Pavelski – 11 points/becoming the Sharks’ American hero.
Evgeni Nabokov – a 1.93 GAA and 91.9% save percentage. Not bad at all.
Devin Setoguchi – 7 points in 7 games played. Not bad, either.
Patrick Marleau – 3 points. Not so good.
Peter Mueller’s concussion issues kept him from making an impact, but Chris Stewart and Kyle Quincey were solid in the playoffs.
Antti Niemi – probably pricing himself out of Chicago with a fabulous (92.1 save percentage) playoff run so far.
Patric Hornqvist had health problems so he gets an “Incomplete” while Dan Hamhuis had quite the checkered post-season, most notably being the victim of what should have been a more beneficial boarding penalty from Marian Hossa …
Pavol Demitra’s been nicely productive (5 points) but Willie Mitchell has been injured.
Alex Frolov produced a decent (1 goal, 3 assists) but unspectacular post-season. It seems likely that he’ll be wearing a different sweater next year.
Lee Stempniak – a rough playoffs with just 2 points and a -4 rating.
Wojtek Wolski – The team’s second leading scorer with 5 points, including 4 goals.
Nicklas Lidstrom – 6 points in 8 games for the superhuman Swede.
Todd Bertuzzi – 5 points for the surprisingly effective brute.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)