Apr 30, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
So let’s take a gander at how some of the most noteworthy free-agents-to-be fared up to this point. Obviously, for players on half the teams, they won’t get another chance to show off their skills. I’ll begin with the West in this post and then discuss the East later on. This might not be a comprehensive list, so apologies if your favorite pending free agent is left out.
Joe Pavelski – 11 points/becoming the Sharks’ American hero.
Evgeni Nabokov – a 1.93 GAA and 91.9% save percentage. Not bad at all.
Devin Setoguchi – 7 points in 7 games played. Not bad, either.
Patrick Marleau – 3 points. Not so good.
Peter Mueller’s concussion issues kept him from making an impact, but Chris Stewart and Kyle Quincey were solid in the playoffs.
Antti Niemi – probably pricing himself out of Chicago with a fabulous (92.1 save percentage) playoff run so far.
Patric Hornqvist had health problems so he gets an “Incomplete” while Dan Hamhuis had quite the checkered post-season, most notably being the victim of what should have been a more beneficial boarding penalty from Marian Hossa …
Pavol Demitra’s been nicely productive (5 points) but Willie Mitchell has been injured.
Alex Frolov produced a decent (1 goal, 3 assists) but unspectacular post-season. It seems likely that he’ll be wearing a different sweater next year.
Lee Stempniak – a rough playoffs with just 2 points and a -4 rating.
Wojtek Wolski – The team’s second leading scorer with 5 points, including 4 goals.
Nicklas Lidstrom – 6 points in 8 games for the superhuman Swede.
Todd Bertuzzi – 5 points for the surprisingly effective brute.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)