Apr 30, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
So let’s take a gander at how some of the most noteworthy free-agents-to-be fared up to this point. Obviously, for players on half the teams, they won’t get another chance to show off their skills. I’ll begin with the West in this post and then discuss the East later on. This might not be a comprehensive list, so apologies if your favorite pending free agent is left out.
Joe Pavelski – 11 points/becoming the Sharks’ American hero.
Evgeni Nabokov – a 1.93 GAA and 91.9% save percentage. Not bad at all.
Devin Setoguchi – 7 points in 7 games played. Not bad, either.
Patrick Marleau – 3 points. Not so good.
Peter Mueller’s concussion issues kept him from making an impact, but Chris Stewart and Kyle Quincey were solid in the playoffs.
Antti Niemi – probably pricing himself out of Chicago with a fabulous (92.1 save percentage) playoff run so far.
Patric Hornqvist had health problems so he gets an “Incomplete” while Dan Hamhuis had quite the checkered post-season, most notably being the victim of what should have been a more beneficial boarding penalty from Marian Hossa …
Pavol Demitra’s been nicely productive (5 points) but Willie Mitchell has been injured.
Alex Frolov produced a decent (1 goal, 3 assists) but unspectacular post-season. It seems likely that he’ll be wearing a different sweater next year.
Lee Stempniak – a rough playoffs with just 2 points and a -4 rating.
Wojtek Wolski – The team’s second leading scorer with 5 points, including 4 goals.
Nicklas Lidstrom – 6 points in 8 games for the superhuman Swede.
Todd Bertuzzi – 5 points for the surprisingly effective brute.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)