Apr 29, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Upon the conclusion of the first round, the rosters for one of sport’s great consolation tournaments – the IIHF World Championships – are starting to hit their stride. Team USA, for instance, added 11 players to their roster (according to TSN).
The latest additions include Los Angeles Kings’ defencemen Jack Johnson and Matt Greene, Devils’ blueliner Andy Greene as well as Phoenix Coyotes rearguard Keith Yandle.
The forwards added include the Blues’ TJ Oshie, the Senators’ Nick Foligno, the Avalanche’s TJ Galliardi and the Sabres’ Tim Kennedy.
Also added to the team are Boston College forward Chris Kreider, Blues’ goaltending prospect Ben Bishop as well as David Leggio, a goaltender currently playing for TPS Turku of the Finnish League.
USA Hockey also announced that Avalanche head coach and Jack Adams nominee Joe Sacco would join Scott Gordon’s coaching staff as an assistant.
If you add those roster additions to previously announced members of the team, here’s what the team might look like.
Forwards: TJ Oshie, Nick Foligno, Brandon Dubinsky, TJ Galliardi, Tim Kennedy, Kyle Okposo, Ryan Potulny, Eric Nystrom, David Moss, Ryan Carter, Chris Kreider and Christian Hanson.
Defense: Jack Johnson, Matt Greene, Andy Greene, Keith Yandle, Matt Gilroy, Mike Lundin and Jack Hillen.
Goalies: Scott Clemmensen, Ben Bishop and David Leggio
Coaches: Scott Gordon, Joe Sacco
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 7
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 17
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 52
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner