Apr 29, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Upon the conclusion of the first round, the rosters for one of sport’s great consolation tournaments – the IIHF World Championships – are starting to hit their stride. Team USA, for instance, added 11 players to their roster (according to TSN).
The latest additions include Los Angeles Kings’ defencemen Jack Johnson and Matt Greene, Devils’ blueliner Andy Greene as well as Phoenix Coyotes rearguard Keith Yandle.
The forwards added include the Blues’ TJ Oshie, the Senators’ Nick Foligno, the Avalanche’s TJ Galliardi and the Sabres’ Tim Kennedy.
Also added to the team are Boston College forward Chris Kreider, Blues’ goaltending prospect Ben Bishop as well as David Leggio, a goaltender currently playing for TPS Turku of the Finnish League.
USA Hockey also announced that Avalanche head coach and Jack Adams nominee Joe Sacco would join Scott Gordon’s coaching staff as an assistant.
If you add those roster additions to previously announced members of the team, here’s what the team might look like.
Forwards: TJ Oshie, Nick Foligno, Brandon Dubinsky, TJ Galliardi, Tim Kennedy, Kyle Okposo, Ryan Potulny, Eric Nystrom, David Moss, Ryan Carter, Chris Kreider and Christian Hanson.
Defense: Jack Johnson, Matt Greene, Andy Greene, Keith Yandle, Matt Gilroy, Mike Lundin and Jack Hillen.
Goalies: Scott Clemmensen, Ben Bishop and David Leggio
Coaches: Scott Gordon, Joe Sacco
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)