Apr 29, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Upon the conclusion of the first round, the rosters for one of sport’s great consolation tournaments – the IIHF World Championships – are starting to hit their stride. Team USA, for instance, added 11 players to their roster (according to TSN).
The latest additions include Los Angeles Kings’ defencemen Jack Johnson and Matt Greene, Devils’ blueliner Andy Greene as well as Phoenix Coyotes rearguard Keith Yandle.
The forwards added include the Blues’ TJ Oshie, the Senators’ Nick Foligno, the Avalanche’s TJ Galliardi and the Sabres’ Tim Kennedy.
Also added to the team are Boston College forward Chris Kreider, Blues’ goaltending prospect Ben Bishop as well as David Leggio, a goaltender currently playing for TPS Turku of the Finnish League.
USA Hockey also announced that Avalanche head coach and Jack Adams nominee Joe Sacco would join Scott Gordon’s coaching staff as an assistant.
If you add those roster additions to previously announced members of the team, here’s what the team might look like.
Forwards: TJ Oshie, Nick Foligno, Brandon Dubinsky, TJ Galliardi, Tim Kennedy, Kyle Okposo, Ryan Potulny, Eric Nystrom, David Moss, Ryan Carter, Chris Kreider and Christian Hanson.
Defense: Jack Johnson, Matt Greene, Andy Greene, Keith Yandle, Matt Gilroy, Mike Lundin and Jack Hillen.
Goalies: Scott Clemmensen, Ben Bishop and David Leggio
Coaches: Scott Gordon, Joe Sacco
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 35
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 14
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)