Apr 29, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Upon the conclusion of the first round, the rosters for one of sport’s great consolation tournaments – the IIHF World Championships – are starting to hit their stride. Team USA, for instance, added 11 players to their roster (according to TSN).
The latest additions include Los Angeles Kings’ defencemen Jack Johnson and Matt Greene, Devils’ blueliner Andy Greene as well as Phoenix Coyotes rearguard Keith Yandle.
The forwards added include the Blues’ TJ Oshie, the Senators’ Nick Foligno, the Avalanche’s TJ Galliardi and the Sabres’ Tim Kennedy.
Also added to the team are Boston College forward Chris Kreider, Blues’ goaltending prospect Ben Bishop as well as David Leggio, a goaltender currently playing for TPS Turku of the Finnish League.
USA Hockey also announced that Avalanche head coach and Jack Adams nominee Joe Sacco would join Scott Gordon’s coaching staff as an assistant.
If you add those roster additions to previously announced members of the team, here’s what the team might look like.
Forwards: TJ Oshie, Nick Foligno, Brandon Dubinsky, TJ Galliardi, Tim Kennedy, Kyle Okposo, Ryan Potulny, Eric Nystrom, David Moss, Ryan Carter, Chris Kreider and Christian Hanson.
Defense: Jack Johnson, Matt Greene, Andy Greene, Keith Yandle, Matt Gilroy, Mike Lundin and Jack Hillen.
Goalies: Scott Clemmensen, Ben Bishop and David Leggio
Coaches: Scott Gordon, Joe Sacco
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)