Apr 29, 2010, 4:50 PM EST
Upon the conclusion of the first round, the rosters for one of sport’s great consolation tournaments – the IIHF World Championships – are starting to hit their stride. Team USA, for instance, added 11 players to their roster (according to TSN).
The latest additions include Los Angeles Kings’ defencemen Jack Johnson and Matt Greene, Devils’ blueliner Andy Greene as well as Phoenix Coyotes rearguard Keith Yandle.
The forwards added include the Blues’ TJ Oshie, the Senators’ Nick Foligno, the Avalanche’s TJ Galliardi and the Sabres’ Tim Kennedy.
Also added to the team are Boston College forward Chris Kreider, Blues’ goaltending prospect Ben Bishop as well as David Leggio, a goaltender currently playing for TPS Turku of the Finnish League.
USA Hockey also announced that Avalanche head coach and Jack Adams nominee Joe Sacco would join Scott Gordon’s coaching staff as an assistant.
If you add those roster additions to previously announced members of the team, here’s what the team might look like.
Forwards: TJ Oshie, Nick Foligno, Brandon Dubinsky, TJ Galliardi, Tim Kennedy, Kyle Okposo, Ryan Potulny, Eric Nystrom, David Moss, Ryan Carter, Chris Kreider and Christian Hanson.
Defense: Jack Johnson, Matt Greene, Andy Greene, Keith Yandle, Matt Gilroy, Mike Lundin and Jack Hillen.
Goalies: Scott Clemmensen, Ben Bishop and David Leggio
Coaches: Scott Gordon, Joe Sacco
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 24
- Mike Richards clears waivers 29
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)