Apr 29, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Strange story out of San Jose: it seems that the Detroit Red Wings came into town too late and might face a fine for breaking curfew. Anytime you can refer to a team that features Nicklas Lidstrom (a 40-year-old man) as “breaking curfew,” you just have to do it. TSN has the story.
The Mercury news is reporting that the Detroit Red Wings’ DC-9 jet landed in San Jose at 12:19am, some 49 minutes after the 11:30pm curfew at Norman Mineta San Jose International Airport.
The Wings are now facing a possible $2,500 fine for breaking the curfew after they flew directly to San Jose from Phoenix after their Game 7 victory over the Coyotes on Tuesday.
“Our practice is to send a notice to the operator that gives them 10 days to respond with information that we need to make a determination whether there’s been a violation,” David Vossbrink, spokesman for the airport told the Mercury News. “We sent that letter today.”
When contacted by the Mercury News, a spokesperson for the Red Wings said that he was unaware of any violation.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)