Apr 29, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
Strange story out of San Jose: it seems that the Detroit Red Wings came into town too late and might face a fine for breaking curfew. Anytime you can refer to a team that features Nicklas Lidstrom (a 40-year-old man) as “breaking curfew,” you just have to do it. TSN has the story.
The Mercury news is reporting that the Detroit Red Wings’ DC-9 jet landed in San Jose at 12:19am, some 49 minutes after the 11:30pm curfew at Norman Mineta San Jose International Airport.
The Wings are now facing a possible $2,500 fine for breaking the curfew after they flew directly to San Jose from Phoenix after their Game 7 victory over the Coyotes on Tuesday.
“Our practice is to send a notice to the operator that gives them 10 days to respond with information that we need to make a determination whether there’s been a violation,” David Vossbrink, spokesman for the airport told the Mercury News. “We sent that letter today.”
When contacted by the Mercury News, a spokesperson for the Red Wings said that he was unaware of any violation.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)