Apr 29, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
Strange story out of San Jose: it seems that the Detroit Red Wings came into town too late and might face a fine for breaking curfew. Anytime you can refer to a team that features Nicklas Lidstrom (a 40-year-old man) as “breaking curfew,” you just have to do it. TSN has the story.
The Mercury news is reporting that the Detroit Red Wings’ DC-9 jet landed in San Jose at 12:19am, some 49 minutes after the 11:30pm curfew at Norman Mineta San Jose International Airport.
The Wings are now facing a possible $2,500 fine for breaking the curfew after they flew directly to San Jose from Phoenix after their Game 7 victory over the Coyotes on Tuesday.
“Our practice is to send a notice to the operator that gives them 10 days to respond with information that we need to make a determination whether there’s been a violation,” David Vossbrink, spokesman for the airport told the Mercury News. “We sent that letter today.”
When contacted by the Mercury News, a spokesperson for the Red Wings said that he was unaware of any violation.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)