Apr 29, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Strange story out of San Jose: it seems that the Detroit Red Wings came into town too late and might face a fine for breaking curfew. Anytime you can refer to a team that features Nicklas Lidstrom (a 40-year-old man) as “breaking curfew,” you just have to do it. TSN has the story.
The Mercury news is reporting that the Detroit Red Wings’ DC-9 jet landed in San Jose at 12:19am, some 49 minutes after the 11:30pm curfew at Norman Mineta San Jose International Airport.
The Wings are now facing a possible $2,500 fine for breaking the curfew after they flew directly to San Jose from Phoenix after their Game 7 victory over the Coyotes on Tuesday.
“Our practice is to send a notice to the operator that gives them 10 days to respond with information that we need to make a determination whether there’s been a violation,” David Vossbrink, spokesman for the airport told the Mercury News. “We sent that letter today.”
When contacted by the Mercury News, a spokesperson for the Red Wings said that he was unaware of any violation.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 1
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 22
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 15
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)