Apr 29, 2010, 7:44 PM EST
When you live the life as a player with a questionable reputation or whether you’ve developed one in the playoffs, like Maxim Lapierre of the Montreal Canadiens has, the art of diving and embellishing is truly something to behold.
A handful of players have rightfully (or wrongfully) been slapped with the label of “diver” at times in their career: Patrick Kaleta, Sean Avery, Derek Roy and even Sidney Crosby have gotten dinged with the dirty description.
What does it really take to be a diver? Dedication… And a little bit of time at the pool.
Art by: Deven “Gray” Hoover from CouchTarts
Story by: Joe Yerdon
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)