Apr 29, 2010, 7:44 PM EDT
When you live the life as a player with a questionable reputation or whether you’ve developed one in the playoffs, like Maxim Lapierre of the Montreal Canadiens has, the art of diving and embellishing is truly something to behold.
A handful of players have rightfully (or wrongfully) been slapped with the label of “diver” at times in their career: Patrick Kaleta, Sean Avery, Derek Roy and even Sidney Crosby have gotten dinged with the dirty description.
What does it really take to be a diver? Dedication… And a little bit of time at the pool.
Art by: Deven “Gray” Hoover from CouchTarts
Story by: Joe Yerdon
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 0
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 17
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 23
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6