Apr 29, 2010, 7:44 PM EDT
When you live the life as a player with a questionable reputation or whether you’ve developed one in the playoffs, like Maxim Lapierre of the Montreal Canadiens has, the art of diving and embellishing is truly something to behold.
A handful of players have rightfully (or wrongfully) been slapped with the label of “diver” at times in their career: Patrick Kaleta, Sean Avery, Derek Roy and even Sidney Crosby have gotten dinged with the dirty description.
What does it really take to be a diver? Dedication… And a little bit of time at the pool.
Art by: Deven “Gray” Hoover from CouchTarts
Story by: Joe Yerdon
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25