Apr 29, 2010, 7:44 PM EDT
When you live the life as a player with a questionable reputation or whether you’ve developed one in the playoffs, like Maxim Lapierre of the Montreal Canadiens has, the art of diving and embellishing is truly something to behold.
A handful of players have rightfully (or wrongfully) been slapped with the label of “diver” at times in their career: Patrick Kaleta, Sean Avery, Derek Roy and even Sidney Crosby have gotten dinged with the dirty description.
What does it really take to be a diver? Dedication… And a little bit of time at the pool.
Art by: Deven “Gray” Hoover from CouchTarts
Story by: Joe Yerdon
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 47
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39