Apr 29, 2010, 7:44 PM EDT
When you live the life as a player with a questionable reputation or whether you’ve developed one in the playoffs, like Maxim Lapierre of the Montreal Canadiens has, the art of diving and embellishing is truly something to behold.
A handful of players have rightfully (or wrongfully) been slapped with the label of “diver” at times in their career: Patrick Kaleta, Sean Avery, Derek Roy and even Sidney Crosby have gotten dinged with the dirty description.
What does it really take to be a diver? Dedication… And a little bit of time at the pool.
Art by: Deven “Gray” Hoover from CouchTarts
Story by: Joe Yerdon
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 32
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1