Apr 29, 2010, 10:17 PM EDT
Sharks forward Patrick Marleau was a late scratch for Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals against the Detroit Red Wings. Marleau did skate in warm-ups with the team but did not suit up for the game itself and is listed as having an undisclosed injury.
We’ll update with more as it becomes known to us, but don’t expect much elaboration on what is ailing him, finding out legitimate information on an injury in the playoffs would require a gallon of truth serum being fed to the head coach.
[Update] According to the good folks on Versus and Sharks assistant coach Trent Yawney, Marleau is out of the game nursing an illness after running a fever throughout the day. They felt it would be better to sit him out and let him recover. Probably not a bad idea. [Update]
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 24
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 39
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 23
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51