Apr 29, 2010, 10:17 PM EDT
Sharks forward Patrick Marleau was a late scratch for Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals against the Detroit Red Wings. Marleau did skate in warm-ups with the team but did not suit up for the game itself and is listed as having an undisclosed injury.
We’ll update with more as it becomes known to us, but don’t expect much elaboration on what is ailing him, finding out legitimate information on an injury in the playoffs would require a gallon of truth serum being fed to the head coach.
[Update] According to the good folks on Versus and Sharks assistant coach Trent Yawney, Marleau is out of the game nursing an illness after running a fever throughout the day. They felt it would be better to sit him out and let him recover. Probably not a bad idea. [Update]
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21