Apr 29, 2010, 10:17 PM EDT
Sharks forward Patrick Marleau was a late scratch for Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals against the Detroit Red Wings. Marleau did skate in warm-ups with the team but did not suit up for the game itself and is listed as having an undisclosed injury.
We’ll update with more as it becomes known to us, but don’t expect much elaboration on what is ailing him, finding out legitimate information on an injury in the playoffs would require a gallon of truth serum being fed to the head coach.
[Update] According to the good folks on Versus and Sharks assistant coach Trent Yawney, Marleau is out of the game nursing an illness after running a fever throughout the day. They felt it would be better to sit him out and let him recover. Probably not a bad idea. [Update]
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 4
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 3
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7