Apr 29, 2010, 10:17 PM EDT
Sharks forward Patrick Marleau was a late scratch for Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals against the Detroit Red Wings. Marleau did skate in warm-ups with the team but did not suit up for the game itself and is listed as having an undisclosed injury.
We’ll update with more as it becomes known to us, but don’t expect much elaboration on what is ailing him, finding out legitimate information on an injury in the playoffs would require a gallon of truth serum being fed to the head coach.
[Update] According to the good folks on Versus and Sharks assistant coach Trent Yawney, Marleau is out of the game nursing an illness after running a fever throughout the day. They felt it would be better to sit him out and let him recover. Probably not a bad idea. [Update]
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5