Apr 29, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Sure, I have moments when I scream at the TV as if it will react to my venom just like any other fan. That being said, in the grand scheme of things, it pains me when fans use the zebras as an excuse for a defeat. Still, it’s perhaps the nature of a fan to do so.
With that noted, here’s a look at the referees set to blow whistles (or intend to blow whistles?) in the second round of the playoffs (according to NHL.com).
Bill McCreary and Paul Devorski, two of the NHL’s most senior referees, are among the 12 men picked to look over the on-ice action for the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
… Shane Heyer, Brad Lazarowich, Jean Morin and Brian Murphy all have well over 100 games of playoff experience, and have officiated more than 1,000 regular-season games. Murphy and Lazarowich have worked more than 175 playoff games each.
Other referees given second-round assignments are Eric Furlatt, Marc Joannette, Chris Lee, Dan O’Halloran, Dan O’Rourke, Tim Peel, Kevin Pollock, Kelly Sutherland, Stephen Walkom and Brad Watson.
The other linesmen selected are Derek Amell, Greg Devorski, Scott Driscoll, Steve Miller, Jonny Murray, Thor Nelson, Pierre Racicot and Jay Sharrers.
Prepare your heckles accordingly.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)