Apr 29, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Sure, I have moments when I scream at the TV as if it will react to my venom just like any other fan. That being said, in the grand scheme of things, it pains me when fans use the zebras as an excuse for a defeat. Still, it’s perhaps the nature of a fan to do so.
With that noted, here’s a look at the referees set to blow whistles (or intend to blow whistles?) in the second round of the playoffs (according to NHL.com).
Bill McCreary and Paul Devorski, two of the NHL’s most senior referees, are among the 12 men picked to look over the on-ice action for the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
… Shane Heyer, Brad Lazarowich, Jean Morin and Brian Murphy all have well over 100 games of playoff experience, and have officiated more than 1,000 regular-season games. Murphy and Lazarowich have worked more than 175 playoff games each.
Other referees given second-round assignments are Eric Furlatt, Marc Joannette, Chris Lee, Dan O’Halloran, Dan O’Rourke, Tim Peel, Kevin Pollock, Kelly Sutherland, Stephen Walkom and Brad Watson.
The other linesmen selected are Derek Amell, Greg Devorski, Scott Driscoll, Steve Miller, Jonny Murray, Thor Nelson, Pierre Racicot and Jay Sharrers.
Prepare your heckles accordingly.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 1
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 22
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 8
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)