Apr 29, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Sure, I have moments when I scream at the TV as if it will react to my venom just like any other fan. That being said, in the grand scheme of things, it pains me when fans use the zebras as an excuse for a defeat. Still, it’s perhaps the nature of a fan to do so.
With that noted, here’s a look at the referees set to blow whistles (or intend to blow whistles?) in the second round of the playoffs (according to NHL.com).
Bill McCreary and Paul Devorski, two of the NHL’s most senior referees, are among the 12 men picked to look over the on-ice action for the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
… Shane Heyer, Brad Lazarowich, Jean Morin and Brian Murphy all have well over 100 games of playoff experience, and have officiated more than 1,000 regular-season games. Murphy and Lazarowich have worked more than 175 playoff games each.
Other referees given second-round assignments are Eric Furlatt, Marc Joannette, Chris Lee, Dan O’Halloran, Dan O’Rourke, Tim Peel, Kevin Pollock, Kelly Sutherland, Stephen Walkom and Brad Watson.
The other linesmen selected are Derek Amell, Greg Devorski, Scott Driscoll, Steve Miller, Jonny Murray, Thor Nelson, Pierre Racicot and Jay Sharrers.
Prepare your heckles accordingly.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)