Apr 29, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
Sure, I have moments when I scream at the TV as if it will react to my venom just like any other fan. That being said, in the grand scheme of things, it pains me when fans use the zebras as an excuse for a defeat. Still, it’s perhaps the nature of a fan to do so.
With that noted, here’s a look at the referees set to blow whistles (or intend to blow whistles?) in the second round of the playoffs (according to NHL.com).
Bill McCreary and Paul Devorski, two of the NHL’s most senior referees, are among the 12 men picked to look over the on-ice action for the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
… Shane Heyer, Brad Lazarowich, Jean Morin and Brian Murphy all have well over 100 games of playoff experience, and have officiated more than 1,000 regular-season games. Murphy and Lazarowich have worked more than 175 playoff games each.
Other referees given second-round assignments are Eric Furlatt, Marc Joannette, Chris Lee, Dan O’Halloran, Dan O’Rourke, Tim Peel, Kevin Pollock, Kelly Sutherland, Stephen Walkom and Brad Watson.
The other linesmen selected are Derek Amell, Greg Devorski, Scott Driscoll, Steve Miller, Jonny Murray, Thor Nelson, Pierre Racicot and Jay Sharrers.
Prepare your heckles accordingly.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (74)