Apr 29, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Sure, I have moments when I scream at the TV as if it will react to my venom just like any other fan. That being said, in the grand scheme of things, it pains me when fans use the zebras as an excuse for a defeat. Still, it’s perhaps the nature of a fan to do so.
With that noted, here’s a look at the referees set to blow whistles (or intend to blow whistles?) in the second round of the playoffs (according to NHL.com).
Bill McCreary and Paul Devorski, two of the NHL’s most senior referees, are among the 12 men picked to look over the on-ice action for the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
… Shane Heyer, Brad Lazarowich, Jean Morin and Brian Murphy all have well over 100 games of playoff experience, and have officiated more than 1,000 regular-season games. Murphy and Lazarowich have worked more than 175 playoff games each.
Other referees given second-round assignments are Eric Furlatt, Marc Joannette, Chris Lee, Dan O’Halloran, Dan O’Rourke, Tim Peel, Kevin Pollock, Kelly Sutherland, Stephen Walkom and Brad Watson.
The other linesmen selected are Derek Amell, Greg Devorski, Scott Driscoll, Steve Miller, Jonny Murray, Thor Nelson, Pierre Racicot and Jay Sharrers.
Prepare your heckles accordingly.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38