Apr 29, 2010, 11:03 PM EST
After two periods in San Jose, the Red Wings have fought back a bit to make things a bit more interesting for the Sharks as they now hold just a 3-2 lead. The Wings would get a goal back at 4:45 of the second from the mostly quiet Johan Franzen. For Franzen it’s just his second goal of the playoffs, but it wouldn’t be just a goal that Franzen would make his mark for in this period.
Late in the second, Franzen would get booked for a tripping call on Devin Setoguchi in which Setoguchin appeared to lose his balance after a light tap from Franzen’s stick. Franzen would receive a high-stick from Setoguchi on the play opening up a cut on his right cheek. No call was made on the apparent high stick.
As the Sharks went on the power play, Setoguchi would again be the focus of play after receiving what appeared to be a stick check from Valtteri Filppula which saw Setoguchi drop to the ice holding his face. Filppula would be called for high-sticking and the Sharks will start the third period with 57 seconds of 5-on-3 power play time. Some might argue that Devin Setoguchi spent a little time reading PHT earlier this evening. Evgeni Nabokov has stopped 16 of 18 shots for the Sharks while Jimmy Howard has stopped 12 of 15.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)