Apr 29, 2010, 11:03 PM EDT
After two periods in San Jose, the Red Wings have fought back a bit to make things a bit more interesting for the Sharks as they now hold just a 3-2 lead. The Wings would get a goal back at 4:45 of the second from the mostly quiet Johan Franzen. For Franzen it’s just his second goal of the playoffs, but it wouldn’t be just a goal that Franzen would make his mark for in this period.
Late in the second, Franzen would get booked for a tripping call on Devin Setoguchi in which Setoguchin appeared to lose his balance after a light tap from Franzen’s stick. Franzen would receive a high-stick from Setoguchi on the play opening up a cut on his right cheek. No call was made on the apparent high stick.
As the Sharks went on the power play, Setoguchi would again be the focus of play after receiving what appeared to be a stick check from Valtteri Filppula which saw Setoguchi drop to the ice holding his face. Filppula would be called for high-sticking and the Sharks will start the third period with 57 seconds of 5-on-3 power play time. Some might argue that Devin Setoguchi spent a little time reading PHT earlier this evening. Evgeni Nabokov has stopped 16 of 18 shots for the Sharks while Jimmy Howard has stopped 12 of 15.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)