Apr 29, 2010, 11:03 PM EDT
After two periods in San Jose, the Red Wings have fought back a bit to make things a bit more interesting for the Sharks as they now hold just a 3-2 lead. The Wings would get a goal back at 4:45 of the second from the mostly quiet Johan Franzen. For Franzen it’s just his second goal of the playoffs, but it wouldn’t be just a goal that Franzen would make his mark for in this period.
Late in the second, Franzen would get booked for a tripping call on Devin Setoguchi in which Setoguchin appeared to lose his balance after a light tap from Franzen’s stick. Franzen would receive a high-stick from Setoguchi on the play opening up a cut on his right cheek. No call was made on the apparent high stick.
As the Sharks went on the power play, Setoguchi would again be the focus of play after receiving what appeared to be a stick check from Valtteri Filppula which saw Setoguchi drop to the ice holding his face. Filppula would be called for high-sticking and the Sharks will start the third period with 57 seconds of 5-on-3 power play time. Some might argue that Devin Setoguchi spent a little time reading PHT earlier this evening. Evgeni Nabokov has stopped 16 of 18 shots for the Sharks while Jimmy Howard has stopped 12 of 15.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)