Apr 29, 2010, 11:03 PM EDT
After two periods in San Jose, the Red Wings have fought back a bit to make things a bit more interesting for the Sharks as they now hold just a 3-2 lead. The Wings would get a goal back at 4:45 of the second from the mostly quiet Johan Franzen. For Franzen it’s just his second goal of the playoffs, but it wouldn’t be just a goal that Franzen would make his mark for in this period.
Late in the second, Franzen would get booked for a tripping call on Devin Setoguchi in which Setoguchin appeared to lose his balance after a light tap from Franzen’s stick. Franzen would receive a high-stick from Setoguchi on the play opening up a cut on his right cheek. No call was made on the apparent high stick.
As the Sharks went on the power play, Setoguchi would again be the focus of play after receiving what appeared to be a stick check from Valtteri Filppula which saw Setoguchi drop to the ice holding his face. Filppula would be called for high-sticking and the Sharks will start the third period with 57 seconds of 5-on-3 power play time. Some might argue that Devin Setoguchi spent a little time reading PHT earlier this evening. Evgeni Nabokov has stopped 16 of 18 shots for the Sharks while Jimmy Howard has stopped 12 of 15.
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 9
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 12
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 9
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 29
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)