Apr 29, 2010, 11:03 PM EDT
After two periods in San Jose, the Red Wings have fought back a bit to make things a bit more interesting for the Sharks as they now hold just a 3-2 lead. The Wings would get a goal back at 4:45 of the second from the mostly quiet Johan Franzen. For Franzen it’s just his second goal of the playoffs, but it wouldn’t be just a goal that Franzen would make his mark for in this period.
Late in the second, Franzen would get booked for a tripping call on Devin Setoguchi in which Setoguchin appeared to lose his balance after a light tap from Franzen’s stick. Franzen would receive a high-stick from Setoguchi on the play opening up a cut on his right cheek. No call was made on the apparent high stick.
As the Sharks went on the power play, Setoguchi would again be the focus of play after receiving what appeared to be a stick check from Valtteri Filppula which saw Setoguchi drop to the ice holding his face. Filppula would be called for high-sticking and the Sharks will start the third period with 57 seconds of 5-on-3 power play time. Some might argue that Devin Setoguchi spent a little time reading PHT earlier this evening. Evgeni Nabokov has stopped 16 of 18 shots for the Sharks while Jimmy Howard has stopped 12 of 15.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)