Apr 29, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
Thought you’d get a night to take it easy from playoff game night updates, eh? Wrong bucko, round two starts tonight and after a wild first period, the Sharks lead the Red Wings 3-1. If you’ve been buying into the same old lines about the Sharks and how certain guys don’t show up, then you’ll be disappointed and possibly shocked.
The Sharks got it going thanks to the guy who has showed up in a big way in these playoffs when Joe Pavelski scored 9:05 into the period. Nearly a minute later it was Joe Thornton feeding Dany Heatley for a one-timer in the slot to make it 2-0. 23 seconds after that it would be Devin Setoguchi putting home another one from Joe Pavelski and Dan Boyle to make it 3-0.
Following a Red Wings timeout, the Wings got their legs working and with a little help from a defensive collapse, Dan Cleary would get Detroit on the board to cut the lead to 3-1. Both teams ended with ten shots on goal that period and Evgeni Nabokov has made a handful of nice stops already for the Sharks.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)