Apr 29, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
Thought you’d get a night to take it easy from playoff game night updates, eh? Wrong bucko, round two starts tonight and after a wild first period, the Sharks lead the Red Wings 3-1. If you’ve been buying into the same old lines about the Sharks and how certain guys don’t show up, then you’ll be disappointed and possibly shocked.
The Sharks got it going thanks to the guy who has showed up in a big way in these playoffs when Joe Pavelski scored 9:05 into the period. Nearly a minute later it was Joe Thornton feeding Dany Heatley for a one-timer in the slot to make it 2-0. 23 seconds after that it would be Devin Setoguchi putting home another one from Joe Pavelski and Dan Boyle to make it 3-0.
Following a Red Wings timeout, the Wings got their legs working and with a little help from a defensive collapse, Dan Cleary would get Detroit on the board to cut the lead to 3-1. Both teams ended with ten shots on goal that period and Evgeni Nabokov has made a handful of nice stops already for the Sharks.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 31
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 52
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 25
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 24
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (77)