Apr 29, 2010, 10:00 PM EST
Thought you’d get a night to take it easy from playoff game night updates, eh? Wrong bucko, round two starts tonight and after a wild first period, the Sharks lead the Red Wings 3-1. If you’ve been buying into the same old lines about the Sharks and how certain guys don’t show up, then you’ll be disappointed and possibly shocked.
The Sharks got it going thanks to the guy who has showed up in a big way in these playoffs when Joe Pavelski scored 9:05 into the period. Nearly a minute later it was Joe Thornton feeding Dany Heatley for a one-timer in the slot to make it 2-0. 23 seconds after that it would be Devin Setoguchi putting home another one from Joe Pavelski and Dan Boyle to make it 3-0.
Following a Red Wings timeout, the Wings got their legs working and with a little help from a defensive collapse, Dan Cleary would get Detroit on the board to cut the lead to 3-1. Both teams ended with ten shots on goal that period and Evgeni Nabokov has made a handful of nice stops already for the Sharks.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46