Apr 29, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
Thought you’d get a night to take it easy from playoff game night updates, eh? Wrong bucko, round two starts tonight and after a wild first period, the Sharks lead the Red Wings 3-1. If you’ve been buying into the same old lines about the Sharks and how certain guys don’t show up, then you’ll be disappointed and possibly shocked.
The Sharks got it going thanks to the guy who has showed up in a big way in these playoffs when Joe Pavelski scored 9:05 into the period. Nearly a minute later it was Joe Thornton feeding Dany Heatley for a one-timer in the slot to make it 2-0. 23 seconds after that it would be Devin Setoguchi putting home another one from Joe Pavelski and Dan Boyle to make it 3-0.
Following a Red Wings timeout, the Wings got their legs working and with a little help from a defensive collapse, Dan Cleary would get Detroit on the board to cut the lead to 3-1. Both teams ended with ten shots on goal that period and Evgeni Nabokov has made a handful of nice stops already for the Sharks.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)