Apr 29, 2010, 10:00 PM EDT
Thought you’d get a night to take it easy from playoff game night updates, eh? Wrong bucko, round two starts tonight and after a wild first period, the Sharks lead the Red Wings 3-1. If you’ve been buying into the same old lines about the Sharks and how certain guys don’t show up, then you’ll be disappointed and possibly shocked.
The Sharks got it going thanks to the guy who has showed up in a big way in these playoffs when Joe Pavelski scored 9:05 into the period. Nearly a minute later it was Joe Thornton feeding Dany Heatley for a one-timer in the slot to make it 2-0. 23 seconds after that it would be Devin Setoguchi putting home another one from Joe Pavelski and Dan Boyle to make it 3-0.
Following a Red Wings timeout, the Wings got their legs working and with a little help from a defensive collapse, Dan Cleary would get Detroit on the board to cut the lead to 3-1. Both teams ended with ten shots on goal that period and Evgeni Nabokov has made a handful of nice stops already for the Sharks.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 10
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 4
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)